• The Row classic 5 in black grained caviar

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
Hello all

I hope you are all ready for the Christmas season and all the lovely sales that go with it!
I have found the sales excellent this year starting with Black Friday acquisition of my Marni trunk in black ....what an awesome find!
I have found in the last couple of years that with many presales and 'soft' sales prior to the actual sales, the best bargains are to be had in advance and have found little on the day of the actual sales.

So....I have two bags in front of me. You won't believe I have managed to get these but I do lots of research.
Firstly a small sac de jour in dark navy purchased at 30% off and currently pictured in my avatar. Love it but concerned about durability of leather. Feels thick but soft on the surface. Has a slight grain.
Secondly, a row tote 5, purchased at 50% off! ( yes you did read that correctly ). Black in caviar grained leather. Slightly smaller than the sdj but with nice compartments arranged similarly.

So my problem is I can only keep one. Sdj slightly more expensive but nothing that would make cost a consideration. The row seems tougher in the caviar leather and I love the top handles. But....should I let go of the sdj which, you must admit, seems so sought after?
Very confused. Please help.
I am adding a stock pic of the row bag but will take pics of the two together shortly. In terms of designer, I am not sure how saint Laurent treat after care. I have three the row bags already and love them but this style is very different.

Please help me decide , thanks x

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 252
I'm a big fan of the understated The Row. The sdj is rather pedestrian in my book...plus a black bag is a better long-term choice.
Thank you! Before I read your reply I had hoped you would say this. I am leaning toward the row but I just received it so I am still taking it all in.
I wonder what others will say. I assumed everyone would say sdj as it is sooooo popular

Thanks for the replies ( very few! )
I opted for the row bag mainly because I prefer the silhouette and the leather is more hard wearing. I do want a sdj but will eventually get the baby size.
Thanks again