• Baby Sac de jour

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Downtown Cabas

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

hazcht

Feb 4, 2012
Hi everyone!
I have recently received a Saint Laurent wallet as birthday gift, and have been amazed by the quality of it. It's unlike any LV, Prada or Chanel wallet I own. I have since then been eyeing on YSL bags, looking for a work bag and am debating between the Sac de jour bag and downtown cabas..
I bought a black downtown cabas at a really great deal on ssense.com during their holiday sale, but am so disappointed on the customers service. I never got update on my order ever since I bought it, and I have no clue when my order will be shipped because they kept telling me that they are processing high volume of sales. They even told me to cancel my order if I couldn't wait..........
Long story short, I was quite upset and have decided to go into YSL store to have a look at the actual bags.
The first purse that caught my attention was the small Sac de jour bag(probably because it is one of their classic bags and were placed on the wall facing right at the entrance. I tried it on and fell in love with it right away(the one in first pic).
The one I liked was the classic one in smooth leather and gold hardware, but it was a bit on the heavy side! The SA then showed me the one with grained leather and removable pouch, obviously the leather was a lot lighter but it doesn't come with gold hardware which kind of push me away from it(the one in second pic).
I also tried on the baby one(pic 3), I'm 5'3 the baby fits perfectly on me.
Then I also tried on the downtown cabas but they were out of the colour I wanted so I wasn't able to get a full picture of it.
Now....... i need all your opinions!
I'm looking for a bag that I can dress up and dress down with.. I usually carry my long wallet, make up bag, keys, sunglasses and my 9.5" ipad pro and some work folders(I usually carry on my arms) around with me while i'm at work. The baby would be a great size on my frame but it doesn't fit my ipad.. small is a good size for work but I'm afraid the weight is going to be a problem when more items fit in... I just got that "wow" effect when I tried on because it kinda made me look like a lady boss lol
And the downtown cabas seems like a good classic bag... it is just that I need a third opinion to rethink if the sac de jour worth the risk of getting scratched and being heavy..
If it was going to be your first YSL bag, which one would you go for if you were me?

Attachments

• IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,225
  • IMG_9122.JPG
    IMG_9122.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 1,292
  • IMG_5452.JPG
    IMG_5452.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,643
  • IMG_5878.jpg
    IMG_5878.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 1,384
  • IMG_5828.JPG
    IMG_5828.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 885
Personally I love the look of the Cabas as I don't see it too often and it's just classy with that hardware (plus it has a strap AND can fit your iPad). But of course both types of bags are gorgeous! I've used Ssense many times before and usually they're really good (but I'm in Canada and it being a Canadian store, perhaps we get faster service/shopping) so that sucks you've had a crappy experience with them.

Personally I love the look of the Cabas as I don't see it too often and it's just classy with that hardware (plus it has a strap AND can fit your iPad). But of course both types of bags are gorgeous! I've used Ssense many times before and usually they're really good (but I'm in Canada and it being a Canadian store, perhaps we get faster service/shopping) so that sucks you've had a crappy experience with them.
Yea, I’m in Canada too and have bought from them few times before but this time is really disappointing:S

I prefer the sac de jour - to me it gives the feeling just as you described: chic lady boss. [emoji6]

I suggest bringing some things with you that you would put in the bag to the boutique and seeing how it fits and carries and how heavy it becomes.

I actually just ordered this bag for work. I have been looking for a work bag for a long time and wanted one with good structure and clean lines.

I prefer the sac de jour - to me it gives the feeling just as you described: chic lady boss. [emoji6]

I suggest bringing some things with you that you would put in the bag to the boutique and seeing how it fits and carries and how heavy it becomes.

I actually just ordered this bag for work. I have been looking for a work bag for a long time and wanted one with good structure and clean lines.
Congrats! Which size and leather did you purchase? Just curious

So my Downtown cabas finally came in the mail this morning and I’m so happy with it! I like the fact that you can tuck the wings in and it would turn into a classic cabas bag.. bonus part- the bag is also very very light! I think I’m going to keep the bag and get the SDJ later:Pthank you so much for all your inputs!!

Attachments

• 9DD9E191-32F7-4186-92F4-D0BD54527137.jpeg
    9DD9E191-32F7-4186-92F4-D0BD54527137.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 795
So my Downtown cabas finally came in the mail this morning and I’m so happy with it! I like the fact that you can tuck the wings in and it would turn into a classic cabas bag.. bonus part- the bag is also very very light! I think I’m going to keep the bag and get the SDJ later:Pthank you so much for all your inputs!!

Enjoy your bag. It is beautiful and sounds perfect for your needs. Both looked beautiful on you.