HELP!!! Ripped Leather on my HG Jaune!!

CeeJay

A BAL-enced Life!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2005
I don't really know how this happened, I can only surmise that one of my kitties jumped on top of the bag as I was in the midst of "re-arranging" (winter colors out, summer colors in).

I'm distraught .. Jaune is one of my major HG's, and the leather on this is gorgeous. Any suggestions as to how I can get this fixed .. or .. has this happened to anyone else and they fixed it themselves??

Thanks all!
IMG_3054.jpg

You can see, there's the big rip (to the right of the photo) and the smaller rip to the left. Here's another pic, where I pushed the big rip down a bit ...
IMG_3055.jpg

*Gulp* ... bad kitty
ti1.gif

This is excactly what I have long feared my Minerva will do someday. She does love the Bal ;)
I hope someone has an idea how to fix this.

I don't really know how this happened, I can only surmise that one of my kitties jumped on top of the bag as I was in the midst of "re-arranging" (winter colors out, summer colors in).

I'm distraught .. Jaune is one of my major HG's, and the leather on this is gorgeous. Any suggestions as to how I can get this fixed .. or .. has this happened to anyone else and they fixed it themselves??

Thanks all!
IMG_3054.jpg

Oh no CJ! Another kitty accident? Try a company in NY called Artbag. I think that is what the name is. I looked at their site a while ago and they showed amazing results. Good luck!

Oh no CJ! Another kitty accident? Try a company in NY called Artbag. I think that is what the name is. I looked at their site a while ago and they showed amazing results. Good luck!

I know .. hence the reason why I can't even begin to take a 'group' shot of all my bags (I know for sure that Coco - the more rambunctious one would be in it!).

I can only surmise that it was likely Coco; she is forever sharpening those claws .. even though we trim them CONSTANTLY!!!!!

I've heard of Artbag and I've heard that they do a phenomenal job. I'm going to ask another gal who has used them in the past; thanks *S*!!!

*Gulp* ... bad kitty
ti1.gif

This is excactly what I have long feared my Minerva will do someday. She does love the Bal ;)
I hope someone has an idea how to fix this.

Oh *Livia* .. that's such a cute Kitty emoticon!!! However, yes .. BAD Kitty indeed!!! I know it's Coco; she's just such a scamp .. and yes, she does love my Bal bags (I have to put anything Bal far away from her because she loves chewing on the tassels). Actually, she has a "spare pair" to chew, but does she .. HECK NO .. she always goes for the new stuff .. ARRGGHH!!

Love the name Minerva for a cat!; are you a fan of the Greek/Roman mythologies?? My senior thesis was on Greek & Roman mythology .. I just loved how they "explained" various things (like thunderstorms, etc.)! I was pretty ****ed when my classmates howled when I presented my material; they all thought it was hilarious like a soap opera. Oh well .. MORONS, right???

Good luck girl! Hey, after you get the repair done, you should show us before/after shots.

I know .. hence the reason why I can't even begin to take a 'group' shot of all my bags (I know for sure that Coco - the more rambunctious one would be in it!).

I can only surmise that it was likely Coco; she is forever sharpening those claws .. even though we trim them CONSTANTLY!!!!!

I've heard of Artbag and I've heard that they do a phenomenal job. I'm going to ask another gal who has used them in the past; thanks *S*!!!

Oh no! Sorry this happened to your beautiful Jaune, CeeJay :sad:

Maxxout told me about an archival glue that she has used with much success on one of her older bags. I think she also posted somewhere on tpf about it. Probably worth sending her a quick pm!

Oh *Livia* .. that's such a cute Kitty emoticon!!! However, yes .. BAD Kitty indeed!!! I know it's Coco; she's just such a scamp .. and yes, she does love my Bal bags (I have to put anything Bal far away from her because she loves chewing on the tassels). Actually, she has a "spare pair" to chew, but does she .. HECK NO .. she always goes for the new stuff .. ARRGGHH!!

Love the name Minerva for a cat!; are you a fan of the Greek/Roman mythologies?? My senior thesis was on Greek & Roman mythology .. I just loved how they "explained" various things (like thunderstorms, etc.)! I was pretty ****ed when my classmates howled when I presented my material; they all thought it was hilarious like a soap opera. Oh well .. MORONS, right???

Great fan of roman/greek here ... my college major was Latin & Greek ;)
Your classmates sounds like morons, absolutely!

Coco has a spare set of tassels to chew on? Awww, but I imagine it's no help. Gladly Minerva doesn't go for the tassels. Only in the beginning did she want to play with them. Now it's more that she likes to sleep on my Bal's and well, I can't always get myself to move the bags. I insist that they are "just" bags and I don't want to baby them ... hence I want to be able to just leave my bag out on the kitchen table, couch etc. And well, I imagine what happened to your bag is bound to happen to one of mine some day :sweatdrop:

I hope you'll have luck with Artbag and do keep us updated. Good luck!

Hi Ceejay,
Lovely Corey from RDC knows somewhere where they do excellent repair work. I know to my cost as I had sent her a Sorbet 2010 GCH Velo in excellent condition and it got slashed with probably a 2 inch cut which sliced right thru the leather ,when the customs opened it. She sent photos to let me know, and am not sure who was more upset, me or her! Anyway she sent it somewhere and I couldn't believe the job they did when I saw it, when she advertised it on her site. She mentioned the repair in her description but if she hadn't said, you would have never guessed. This response is a bit late but hope it might be of help. How ironic as well ,that the bag I part exchanged with her for my Sorbet Velo was a beautiful Jaune 07 GSH City . Hope your Jaune gets fixed.:biggrin:

I have a very light scratch on my Jaune Day, not a fingernail scratch, a scratch that raised the leather a bit (if you saw it, you would understand) and that freaked me out, a tear in the bag would really hurt. I know I did it somehow, I'm just very careful with that bag now; the leather seems thinner that the others.

And yes, my cat (Fat Saffron) eyes the tassels all the time, I am always careful to keep them tucked away at home.

Please let us know the outcome, it's going to happen again to one of us. :cry:

Oh dear CeeJay! I have four cats too and I worry when I see any of them near my bags. ESP when they love to sleep ON it! I've had one of my cat who uses my ipad leather casing as a scratching post, eep. Did u manage to get the tear fixed?