Help restyling old tennis bracelet!

Jun 18, 2012
Hi All! I received this tennis bracelet yeeeeeeears ago. I never wear it and thought it may be fun to transform it into something new. But, I’m stumped.

Any ideas? I’m open to it becoming just about anything - earrings, a ring, a necklace / pendant...

TIA for your help!

7ED0157D-0195-4991-AC61-9E1E8394BEE8.jpeg

0241C76C-4515-4EF5-A971-A71F08812BF3.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Canturi lover
Hi All! I received this tennis bracelet yeeeeeeears ago. I never wear it and thought it may be fun to transform it into something new. But, I’m stumped.

Any ideas? I’m open to it becoming just about anything - earrings, a ring, a necklace / pendant...

TIA for your help!

View attachment 4821549

View attachment 4821550
Hi, so first question, are you wanting to transform it because you like the design ie the gold crosses and the diamond bars? Will you use them or melt the gold? If you want a whole new design, my advice would be to sell it as is and put the funds to a new piece that suits your taste now.

Hi, so first question, are you wanting to transform it because you like the design ie the gold crosses and the diamond bars? Will you use them or melt the gold? If you want a whole new design, my advice would be to sell it as is and put the funds to a new piece that suits your taste now.
I don’t like the mixed metal. The crosses are a dated look so I’m not excited about them either. It’s not worth enough to sell for scrap and put towards anything else I would buy.

So, a refresh of some sort could be a fun way to play and find joy in it again.

Two possibilities- first replacing the crosses with white gold circles would modernize it quite a bit and wouldn’t be expensive. Other option would be to take the diamond bar parts and joint three of them together with small white gold circles and put a stem on the back to make earrings?

When I saw your bracelet Schlumberger for Tiffany came to mind. I like it the way it is although it looks dated. Did you consider selling and putting funds towards a bracelet you want?

When I saw your bracelet Schlumberger for Tiffany came to mind. I like it the way it is although it looks dated. Did you consider selling and putting funds towards a bracelet you want?
I considered selling and I have it listed on some sites. But honestly, I won’t get much for it - not enough to bother “putting towards” anything else I would want. So, that’s why I thought it would be fun just to play with it and restyle it particularly during this quarantine time. It would be nice to have a fun project.

I considered selling and I have it listed on some sites. But honestly, I won’t get much for it - not enough to bother “putting towards” anything else I would want. So, that’s why I thought it would be fun just to play with it and restyle it particularly during this quarantine time. It would be nice to have a fun project.
Take it to a jeweler that you trust and ask for opinions and suggestions.
I think you have the right idea in turning this into something you could wear, instead of taking a hit and selling it. :tup:

What sort of quality are the diamonds? They look nice but it’s hard to tell properly from photos. Assuming that they are clear and sparkly then I would definitely turn the bracelet into a DIY project! I used to have a not dissimilar bracelet (which I really regret selling!) but instead of crosses it had little plain white gold solid rectangles between each long strip of diamonds. Something like that would look good, or circles as another poster has suggested?

Personally I would only keep and modify the bracelet if the diamonds are good quality though, I just don’t think it’s worth it otherwise to pour so much more money into it (and modifying/remaking jewellery is sooo expensive, here in the UK at least, almost always it is cheaper to buy a new piece).

@Onebagtoomany, it sounds like redoing a piece can be a lot cheaper in the US; I’m in NYC, and my jeweler can handle both high and low end for me. . . I just tell him my budget or at least the general direction. . . Of course, I don’t think OP should spend a lot on a fun piece, but I’d also ask if the gold crosses could be credited to either labor or materials or melt price or my jeweler has a bag of saved stuff that amounts to future projects to be determined. :smile:

I think the diamond bars could be connected by tiny Platinum or wg chain to make another bracelet or necklace or earrings, and it would be very easy for your jeweler to play around. My jeweler doodles on an index card and sometimes I point to something he’s done already and ask if x would work. @gwendo25 posted a beautiful necklace she made out of a pear shaped ring (I’ve done the same with a Round but mine was not as complex or as complete a look as hers. I think it was on what jewelry are you wearing today thread. Another idea on the cheap is to use big baroque pearls interspersed with the diamond bars. Pearls are relatively inexpensive and fun and you could even mix pearls Of different sizes or colors (I like white, grey ans black), chains, bars for a Chanel type mosh mash. The pearl lovers thread has lots of ideas. @cdtracing and others have gorgeous pieces. Or the bars could even hang vertically and be connected by something?

Last edited:
@Onebagtoomany, it sounds like redoing a piece can be a lot cheaper in the US; I’m in NYC, and my jeweler can handle both high and low end for me. . . I just tell him my budget or at least the general direction. . . Of course, I don’t think OP should spend a lot on a fun piece, but I’d also ask if the gold crosses could be credited to either labor or materials or melt price or my jeweler has a bag of saved stuff that amounts to future projects to be determined. :smile:

I think the diamond bars could be connected by tiny Platinum or wg chain to make another bracelet or necklace or earrings, and it would be very easy for your jeweler to play around. My jeweler doodles on an index card and sometimes I point to something he’s done already and ask if x would work. @gwendo25 posted a beautiful necklace she made out of a pear shaped ring (I’ve done the same with a Round but mine was not as complex or as complete a look as hers. I think it was on what jewelry are you wearing today thread. Another idea on the cheap is to use big baroque pearls interspersed with the diamond bars. Pearls are relatively inexpensive and fun and you could even mix pearls Of different sizes or colors (I like white, grey ans black), chains, bars for a Chanel type mosh mash. The pearl lovers thread has lots of ideas. @cdtracing and others have gorgeous pieces. Or the bars could even hang vertically and be connected by something?
I love the idea of the pearls!

• Love
Reactions: RT1 and 880
I might replace the “x” with the gemstone of your choice in between. Mine has pink sapphires but you could use a larger semi precious oval shape stone, which would be less expensive (topaz or peridot). Perhaps in a bezel setting that would take up more space and fill in the gap of the “x”.

View attachment 4831890
Love the cascading undulating forms of this^

• Love
Reactions: RT1