Help replacing lost Kelly components.

50calray

Apr 21, 2009
Hello people,

My name is Ray and I'm in need some help with a Hermes hand bag. Our house keeper for some odd reason through the shoulder strap and lock to my wife's Kelly bag in the trash. By the time I found out about it, the trash was long gone. So the wife is deeply upset and I figured a forum full of Hermes enthusiast maybe able to help me out.

Thanks, and I appreciate all your help and suggestions in advance.
Ray

Hello people,

My name is Ray and I'm in need some help with a Hermes hand bag. Our house keeper for some odd reason through the shoulder strap and lock to my wife's Kelly bag in the trash. By the time I found out about it, the trash was long gone. So the wife is deeply upset and I figured a forum full of Hermes enthusiast maybe able to help me out.

Thanks, and I appreciate all your help and suggestions in advance.
Ray

You can order the missing pieces from your Hermes store. It is only a matter of time to get them....

depending on the store, you might want to bring your kelly with you - for color match. Also think of ordering or seeing if your store has in stock a canvas strap to use in the meantime (its better with kelly hardware - ie the lobter claw like one -- my store just calls it the kelly hardware). I say this because it sometimes can take 6-8 months to order. Finally - a cadena while you wait?

Good luck with the housekeeper - some have washed my favorite wool pants suits that are dry clean only. . .

Hey Thanks,

My wife started talking all depressed about what good is her bag now without the strap. Then I told her we could order a new one and that frown turned up side down :biggrin: I'm just waiting for the Hermes store to call back with a price etc.

Thanks again,
Ray

PS, It sounds weird but we would be lost without our House keeper...she's like Alice on the Brady Bunch.

Im glad to hear your wife is smiling again and also that you are forgiving with your housekeeper (although Ken-doll's comment was funny lol). She must feel awful about it too. Good luck and I hope you get the strap quickly!

Hey Thanks,

My wife started talking all depressed about what good is her bag now without the strap. Then I told her we could order a new one and that frown turned up side down :biggrin: I'm just waiting for the Hermes store to call back with a price etc.

Thanks again,
Ray

PS, It sounds weird but we would be lost without our House keeper...she's like Alice on the Brady Bunch.

A good housekeeper is indeed hard to find- I am sure Hermes will makes things all better for your wife. What a sweet and thoughtful husband to go to such lengths to make his wife happy. You sound like a real keeper to me;)

Sorry that the housekeeper threw them away. I know a clochette and key are about $350 to replace. You do have to bring the bag in for them to order the clochette and key though. It's a rule they have if they have never seen the bag in question. Try to return to the same SA that sold you the bag, so that you don't have to bring the bag in.

If the store tells you the wait will be quite long you might want to consider keeping an eye on eBay. I have noticed a few Kelly straps lately but make sure you post the link on the authentication thread and the amazing ladies will let you know if it is the real thing or not.

Best of luck in your search!

That happenened to me several years ago..Hermes will replace the strap for a charge and if you are lucky and they have the color available they will make it for you..otherwise you will have to be patient and wait..but check around you never know

more importantly is to replace the housekeeper

Hahaha you're so cute ;)

Funny thing is, although I love it, I don't use my shoulder strap very much at all. My mother's words haunt me to this day, I suppose... "keep her in the crook of your arm, it reminds you to be a lady".

I actually feel a little guilty wearing my shoulder strap if I'm not traveling... :blush:

Since you're in the store ordering anyway, has your wife ever considered the long canvas cross-body messenger strap? Really versatile.

You sound like such a sweetheart--your wife is a lucky gal!

I need to replace my lost strap--do you mind telling me how much they charged you and how long it took? I need to know if it's worth it to me.

Thanks!