Help: Range Rover vs Porsche Cayenne

We only have street parking available. I haven't really looked into how much it would cost to park it in a lot, but I know it's pretty expensive.

Will this be parked on the street or do you have off street parking that it will be parked in?

Since we live so far away from our families, we need something that we can travel in. We'll have the dog and suitcases and whatever else we decided to bring along, so we need all the room we can get. I think they Cayenne is a good size - not too big, not too small.

Since you said you won't be using it that often why not get a smaller car?

You live in NYC and you are willing to keep a luxury vehicle parked on the street??!?!?! My best friend lives near Central Park West and just pays to garage her vehicle. She parked it on the street one day and someone swiped the car and knocked the side view mirror off. If your going to be parking on the street you need to maybe look into an Infiniti or an Acura. Something not as high end but still a very nice vehicle. Are you really stuck on getting something luxury? Especially if your not driving it that much???:shrugs:

Haven't read any responses, but here's mine...

I have a Range Rover sport and have had NO quality issues with it for 2 years. The only thing I do not like about getting such an expensive car is that is does not have an automatic rear door. Other than that I LOVE my car. My friend has a Cayenne and loves it as well. Only complaint she has is the VERY expensive services, whereas I have a maintenance warranty for 6 years (paid for 2 extra).

HTH!

Sorry for late reply didn't come bck to the thread- its a cayenne S I bought it new in jan 2009. Not sure how many ks I've done but about every 6months I do a service

We live in Brooklyn, and there are a lot of luxury cars around us, and they all look to be in pretty pristine conditions. We don't get a lot of traffic as we are on a side street, not a main drag, so really it's not that different as where we lived in Richmond, VA. I'm not really worried about it.

You live in NYC and you are willing to keep a luxury vehicle parked on the street??!?!?! My best friend lives near Central Park West and just pays to garage her vehicle. She parked it on the street one day and someone swiped the car and knocked the side view mirror off. If your going to be parking on the street you need to maybe look into an Infiniti or an Acura. Something not as high end but still a very nice vehicle. Are you really stuck on getting something luxury? Especially if your not driving it that much???:shrugs:

Say you want to keep this car for the next 5 years and it is already 3 years old when you purchase it. I can see a lot of problems arising with and 8 year old range rover wheras the porche is probably going to keep better in the long run until you get a new one.
I vote the porche. I believe it is quite a fun car to drive because it still has porche engineering especially if you are going to be in it for long period. Whereas the range rover certainly looks pretty but drives like a tank, does 0-60 in about 8 minutes:lol: and is just a big heavy clomper on the road.

Have you ever looked into the Audi Q7? it seems like a really nice car. It would be at the top of my list.