Help! r/o please

I would love to buy my mother a birkin for her 60th birthday which is coming up later this year. She has always wanted one, and now I actually have the means to get her one.

I went into the San Francisco store and inquired about getting one, and the extremely rude sales associate I spoke with basically said I had no chance in hell in getting one - there was no waitlist, no special order, no nothing. She said that birkins were reserved for "special clients" (all done in a condescending manner). I was FURIOUS, but I thanked her and left.

Can you Hermes ladies give me some advice? Being able to get a birkin for my mother would mean so much to me, but I REALLY do not want to just buy one off ebay.

Thanks so much!

I do hear that the San Francisco store can be difficult.

In most stores, one usually has to establish a relationship with an SA before a Birkin can be ordered. However, one can find Birkins on the shelves (I have seen them at the Madison Av and Wall st stores) that are available to whoever claims them first.

Another alternative are the reputable resellers including Pete/Mario at LZ.

I heard if you are willing to travel to the mothership in Paris, *sometimes* they have few available...

For resellers, personally I have worked with kaledoplace and sandiaexchange, both are GREAT! And they also have brand new birkins (sometimes) at a very reasonable price. Highly recommended!

Good luck to you and it is such a wonderful present to give to your mother!

San Francisco is a new store. They will have a very nice inventory of Birkins and everything else, especially in the first year. Try, try again. Maybe another SA would be more friendly? Bring your husband or get a friend to pretend to be your husband. It will help.

ChanelChic, I am so so sorry that you had such a bad experience - rude and just not right! I am also shocked b/c SF is my main store for over 15 years and I have always had nothing but the very very most excellent, gracious, kind, helpful and fun service from everybody in the shop. I just can't begin to understand why you would have been treated that way! Also, for the record, SF H is not a new at all - it has been a downtown SF staple for a very very long time. Try again, I think SF H totally rocks!

San Francisco is a new store. They will have a very nice inventory of Birkins and everything else, especially in the first year. Try, try again. Maybe another SA would be more friendly? Bring your husband or get a friend to pretend to be your husband. It will help.

I've been going to the SF boutique for a few years so I'm not sure I'd call it a new store. There was a lovely Birkin on the shelf last week....but it's rare that I ever see on just sitting there.

You won't be able to buy a Birkin in any store without developing some kind of relationship with an SA unless luck is with you and you happen to walk in and there's a bag sitting on the shelf.

We've had an H store in SF for decades...but the tip about bringing a husband is a pretty good one! One or two of the SAs can be a challenge, but there are many there who are very nice and very helpful!

I've been going to the SF boutique for a few years so I'm not sure I'd call it a new store. There was a lovely Birkin on the shelf last week....but it's rare that I ever see on just sitting there.

You won't be able to buy a Birkin in any store without developing some kind of relationship with an SA unless luck is with you and you happen to walk in and there's a bag sitting on the shelf.

That was what I thought too, S'Mom! I do remember you've been a customer of that store for a few years! LOL!

Chanelchic, I am sorry to say that it is going to be real hard to score a Birkin as a newbie and walk-in. If you know of any friends who have been long time Hermes customers, count on them to introduce you to their store and work from there. All the best.

Else, go to a reputable reseller. No hassle and immediate gratification.

UGH. Everyone is right. I got a bit confused because of the recent PRADA store opening in SF. Please listen to everyone else's advice but mine!