Help...QUICK! Carly stitching coming out...can go to Boutique tomorrow!

Jan 20, 2007
I have a quick question.

The stitching on my Large Carly has come out in three places...I called the Boutique at Park Meadows mall to see about having it looked at and asked if the would do a replacement or send it in for repairs. I don't have a receipt (and didn't purchase it from a boutique) but wanted to have them see what they could do...just to check, you know?

So I did a search and it looks like all but one thread about this has gotten a replacement.

If they let me do an exchange, do you think they will let me get the medium? I love the saggyness (is that a word?!) but I think I'd be a lot happier with the medium instead of the large...I am just wondering what your experiences have been with repairs/replacements/exchanges with bags that you did not get at a boutique, etc...and with bags that have had issues with the stitching...

I am leaving in the morning...all of your help is greatly appreciated!

When I had the metallic Peyton problem, they told me I could exchange/replace for full credit of the $800. I could even choose another style bag at the same price. Or, I could choose a higher priced bag and pay difference, or a lower priced bag and get a credit. If you don't have a receipt, I think you may only get an in store credit for the difference in price. I exchanged for another Peyton, but in a different leather/color.

I also exchanged my top handle for the Legacy satchel, and I was given full price credit on the top handle, which was more expensive, and the difference in price I applied to another purchase. It was all done under the same transaction, though, so I'm not sure in that case whether I would have gotten the $58 dollars credit to my card or as a merchandise cert. if I hadn't bought another bag at the same time.

I'm not sure if this is the norm or not...these are my only experiences.

well when i exchanged my fraying carly they told me the same thing they told baglady, but i exchanged it for a pleated ergo satchel, which was the same as the large carly, so idk what would have happened. but i got mine from macys not coach so i dont think that matters

I just exchanged my fraying carly at the boutique last week. I did not buy her there. I got the bag at Macys. Paid full price but at Macys. I didn't mention that, just that I got her a few months ago and she is already fraying. The SA told me I could get another one but it might do it again. I said can I get something else. No problem. At first she tried to say that its normal for bags to wear. I was like no way, its not supposed to show sign s of wear like that. In one spot where it rests against my hip. Its a shoulder bag, thats the way you are supposed to wear it. I let her know that I knew coach is having BIG problems with the carlys fraying. No problem any more. Done.

Thanks for the hope, girls! I am really hoping to get the medium...I really don't think that there is anything out there that I may be interested in, but it's been a while since I've stepped foot in a boutique, so who knows.

What's the worst that will happen, right? Either they say send it in for repairs, or I get to do the exchange...I just hope that I don't have a huge hassle...I am in utter LOVE with Coach and will carry them forever!