Help!! Questions about the Vespa Bag...Need the Experts!

Codygirl

O.G.
Jul 21, 2009
Hello!! Hope everyone is well!
As some of you know I love the Vespa bag. I have some questions about the "setup" of the bag through the years that it was being produced.
I am aware of this..
-It comes in 3 sizes TPM, PM, and GM.
-Different leather and color combinations through the year
along with toile/leather combos.
-The strap is canvas
Now, this is my biggest question...has the strap every come in leather? Maybe something that would be SO'd? I found one that is toile/navy box PM and the strap is leather.
If anyone out there that can provide me with any information, I would love it!! Thanks ;)

I am not an expert, but as far as I know the following combination comes with leather strap instead of toile ones:

all TPM size (I own one and have seen others with all leather strap)

PM, GM size:

- chamonix (all colours) + panama or toile combinations (own an evelyn with all leather strap and have seen other vespas in this combination with all leather strap)

In other words, the one you found could be chamonix as opposed to boxcalf. Could you post a close-up pic?

I am not an expert, but as far as I know the following combination comes with leather strap instead of toile ones:

all TPM size (I own one and have seen others with all leather strap)

PM, GM size:

- chamonix (all colours) + panama or toile combinations (own an evelyn with all leather strap and have seen other vespas in this combination with all leather strap)

In other words, the one you found could be chamonix as opposed to boxcalf. Could you post a close-up pic?

Hello!! Thank you so much for responding! This information is great.
I have attached a picture of the bag. Let me know what you think.
Much Appreciated!

Attachments

• Vespa.jpg
    Vespa.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 192
The white part is definitely panama. Hence, the all leather strap. As to the leather, I need a close up pic of the leather strap or the sides of the bag to ID. It could be chamonix given the contrast stitching. HTH:smile:

Last edited: