Help! Questions about selling chanel bag

Oh my gosh!!!!! How is that possible? I thought the standard procedure is for the buyer to return the item back to the seller before any refund can be given. How did ebay decide to reimburse the buyer before even hearing you out? I wouldn't give them back crap! Just close your account.

I was scammed as a buyer recently and they closed the case in seller's favor despite of my concrete proof against the seller. However I recently found out that the seller got suspended and the listing where I won the item from was pulled.

i'm calling the ebay customer service now!
the whole thing is crap, what if i refund her now and she never send me back the bag
i will never sell anything on EBAY ever after!

the whole thing is crap, what if i refund her now and she never send me back the bag

She already has been refunded.........by Ebay. They now want you to refund them. Ebay is not requiring her to return the bag. She gets to keep the bag and her money. Closing your account won't do anything at this point. Ebay will just send it to a collection agency.

I am so sorry that you have been scammed. Those cursed Chanels Those that can help will you will be along with better advice.

When I opened a case with them I had to jump through hoops before I could escalate it. I don't know how this buyer had it so easy. Got the money while keeping the bag.

If they send it to collection can OP fight it? This is disgusting!

When I opened a case with them I had to jump through hoops before I could escalate it. I don't know how this buyer had it so easy. Got the money while keeping the bag.

I don't know on what grounds. It is in the User Agreement that when you list your items you agree to let Ebay have the power to make decisions like this. If you don't agree, you don't list.
I stopped listing anything I couldn't 'afford' to lose several years ago. Listing on other sites isn't any safer if you accept Paypal. Same gang of thieves. I either consign or keep.

I'm very sorry OP. It's possible that the buyer got a 'fake' bag, similar to the bag purchased from OP, and got it authenticated... This would explain the reimburse without retuning the item.

I don't know on what grounds. It is in the User Agreement that when you list your items you agree to let Ebay have the power to make decisions like this. If you don't agree, you don't list.
I stopped listing anything I couldn't 'afford' to lose several years ago. Listing on other sites isn't any safer if you accept Paypal. Same gang of thieves. I either consign or keep.

I recall reading on here that you can do something about it going onto your credit score. I think Been Burned posted the info, not sure? Beyond that, I'm not sure how much OP can do :sad:

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused.

1. The buyer left negative feedback commenting that it was broken and that she has to ship the item back to China.

So maybe she will be returning it.

I have no idea whether the boy bag in the listing is authentic or not because I don't know Chanel.

However, I do see that you had another listing in which you didn't use "Chanel" in the title or description except to say, "THIS IS NOT A CHANEL BAG! It's handmade. So there is no relationship with brand value" yet that bag has the Chanel CC logo. And it sold for $199.

If your buyer mentioned that listing to ebay, they might have assumed that the boy bag is fake.

I'm a bit confused.

1. The buyer left negative feedback commenting that it was broken and that she has to ship the item back to China.

So maybe she will be returning it.

I have no idea whether the boy bag in the listing is authentic or not because I don't know Chanel.

However, I do see that you had another listing in which you didn't use "Chanel" in the title or description except to say, "THIS IS NOT A CHANEL BAG! It's handmade. So there is no relationship with brand value" yet that bag has the Chanel CC logo. And it sold for $199.

If your buyer mentioned that listing to ebay, they might have assumed that the boy bag is fake.

I took the FB comment to be a snide way to say that the bag's a fake?