Help? Purchasing Pre-Loved Items with International Shipping

annilynedr

O.G.
Sep 29, 2008
Attention anyone who has purchased a pre-loved item from overseas. From your experience, typically how long does your Customs hold your item before determining import fees and notifying you to come pick it up?

I JUST purchased my first pre-loved bag from a trusted eBay seller and although they gave me expedited shipping, I imagine that my baby can get stuck at customs. I just want to know typically how long this will take.

For reference, my item is being shipped to me from Japan and I am in Toronto, Canada.

Thanks!

Im also from parry sound which pretty close to toronto (2hrs north)

Anyway the duty and taxes are eithe hit or missed lol

My $2000 didnt get hit with any taxes or duty but my $200 got taxes for like $65 LOL

Somw are from japan some are from hongkong. And shipping usually takes like 5-7 days from there to here in parry sound.

When my item got stuck in the custom it only took it 1-2 days then they got released ;)

Good luck with your purchase and enjoy hun!

Im also from parry sound which pretty close to toronto (2hrs north)

Anyway the duty and taxes are eithe hit or missed lol

My $2000 didnt get hit with any taxes or duty but my $200 got taxes for like $65 LOL

Somw are from japan some are from hongkong. And shipping usually takes like 5-7 days from there to here in parry sound.

When my item got stuck in the custom it only took it 1-2 days then they got released ;)

Good luck with your purchase and enjoy hun!

Same here. Got duty and taxes on a $100 ish cles, and not a $400 bag trouville. I was so bumped. Most sellers from hk or Japan usually write the package as gift though.

I'm from Ottawa ont and had bought a LV handbag from a international seller in Japan. It actually toke very fast to come here. In about 1 week. But I will never buy again due to the duty and taxes that we get hit with. I don't hit with almost 300$ in duty and taxes. Unless even if you include that with your purchase and it's still a great deal, I would think again buying overseas:sad:

I'm in this process right now. Just ordered something this past Tuesday April 22, shipped on the 23rd, and hopefully it will get delivered by tomorrow the 26th (5 days) with no customs fees. Fingers crossed. I'm in Chicago BTW.

Shipped by Japanese EMS and processed by USPS:

April 25, 2014 , 8:07 am
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
CHICAGO, IL 60666

April 25, 2014 , 8:07 am
Inbound Out of Customs
Inbound Into Customs

April 24, 2014 , 1:38 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

April 24, 2014 , 1:43 am
Processed Through Sort Facility
CHUBU INT, JAPAN

April 23, 2014 , 7:18 pm
Acceptance
JAPAN

Thanks for your replies everyone. I paid for the item late last night and according to the Japanese EMS site, my baby was dispatched from the outward office of exchange. I'm going to assume it's leaving the country!

Super excited now :smile:. I really hope I get lucky with the import fees lol.