Help: puncture in Neverfull mm damier ebene canvas

mimu

Nov 23, 2006
I wasn't quite sure where to post this as it doesn't relate to cleaning or protecting a bag.

I noticed a puncture hole in the canvas part of my Neverfull and I'm nervous/upset that it might get bigger. I'm not sure how it happened! The only thing I can think of is one of the "spokes" of my umbrella poked through when I was putting it in or taking it out of my bag? It goes all the way through. It looks like I took an ice pick to it, so it's not huge, and I don't mind it -- as long as it doesn't expand.

I was trying to research potential solutions here, and some were saying it's really hard to get Louis Vuitton to repair canvas bags, which makes me nervous to take it in. I got it for my birthday in October 2015, so it's not too old. I also hesitate to the take it to a leather or shoe repair shop, as it's not on the leather part of the bag.

Any advice is much appreciated!

I think it will be fine since it looks small, and if the hole didn't go all the way through, that's even better. Perhaps also consider a bag organizer if you don't have one already. I read on here that the Samorga organizer works really well, but I recently bought a random one on Amazon for my bag.

Reactions: abl13 and mimu
I think it will be fine since it looks small, and if the hole didn't go all the way through, that's even better. Perhaps also consider a bag organizer if you don't have one already. I read on here that the Samorga organizer works really well, but I recently bought a random one on Amazon for my bag.

Ah, unfortunately, it did go all the way through. I couldn't get a good picture of the inside. The fabric frayed a little, concealing the hole. I figured I could put some fabric glue on it to protect it?

Reactions: litchi
UGH - i am so so so sorry. it is barely noticeable though. i would be like you though and trying to research something to hide it/fix it. what does the interior hole look like?

i walked though the garage door the other day and one of the the leather tabs on the side (what are those called), got caught on the door knob and yanked me back.. i could have ripped it off... i am so much more careful now at how i walk through the door!!

Reactions: mimu
Ah, unfortunately, it did go all the way through. I couldn't get a good picture of the inside. The fabric frayed a little, concealing the hole. I figured I could put some fabric glue on it to protect it?

Oh no :sad: Good thing it is very small :smile: I don't know if fabric glue will work, but I hope it does! Good luck!

I was so sad when I discovered it! I'm typically so careful with my things :sad:

Here is a picture of the inside. I tried to gently fold the bag to expose where the puncture goes through.

A bag organizer to prevent future holes is a good idea!

Attachments

• IMG_3149.JPG
    IMG_3149.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 1,180
Reactions: Lovebagsaholic
UGH - i am so so so sorry. it is barely noticeable though. i would be like you though and trying to research something to hide it/fix it. what does the interior hole look like?

i walked though the garage door the other day and one of the the leather tabs on the side (what are those called), got caught on the door knob and yanked me back.. i could have ripped it off... i am so much more careful now at how i walk through the door!!

aw thank you!

Oh gosh! I know, I live/work in SF and I get mad when people crowd me on sidewalks, forcing me to walk close to buildings or other objects - I've had a couple of close calls where I've brushed my bag up against a wall! I used to feel pretty confident about the sturdiness of the canvas, but now I'm not so sure! The metal part of my umbrella isn't that sharp at all!

I'm surprised those tabs on the neverfulls don't get caught on things more often! I can totally see it happening.

Sorry this happened to your NF! I would be upset, too. But it's not that noticeable and as others mentioned, it probably won't get worse.

Since LV won't fix canvas, you could always try a third party repair place and see if they could maybe seal that hole for you. There's a repair shop called Rago Brothers in NJ that I read good reviews about. I haven't tried them personally, but their before and after photos speak for themselves.

I have to agree with others, I don't think it will get much worse and if it does, it will be over a very long time. This didn't happen because of normal force on an area of your bag so carrying shouldn't cause it to get worse (like tearing around a strap from weight or something like that). I'm so sorry this happened and completely understand your concern. Good luck!