Help! Proenza won't fix my bag because i bought it at HG Bags

I wonder if the increased production of bags resulted in them moving the factory to China. It can read, "Italy" but we all know everything is made in China these days.

Perhaps when they produced the originals in 2008, they really did use artisans in Italy to design the prototype. But who can afford to do that now.

Can anyone tell me what year all the quality control issues started? Is it just very recent?
i have a feldspar (light green) that was a past season color when I purchased it on Bonz around this time last year, meaning it would have been a bag from sometime in 2010 or early 2011 and a screw fell out after 2 days.....:huh:

i have a feldspar (light green) that was a past season color when I purchased it on Bonz around this time last year, meaning it would have been a bag from sometime in 2010 or early 2011 and a screw fell out after 2 days.....:huh:
I just purchased a 3rd hand PS1 Midnight. I haven't received it yet, but I was already planning on a purchase of a brand new black PS1. That's how much these bags started to appeal to me.

I'll definitely have to wait 6 months to see how the used one holds up...

I know how you ladies stressing over the PS customer service feel. My sister-in-law recently gave me her ps1 medium but the strap was missing. It's been a few years now so obviously she would not have her receipt. I don't understand why I have to go through a store and just can't purchase the strap directly from them. I contacted PS customer service about how I could obtain one and here's their reply:

Hello XXXX,

Hope this email finds you well.

I am so sorry to hear about this missing strap! Our policy as far as repair and returns go is we ask all clients to go through the original store of purchase. Not only does this make it an easier process on both ends but it also helps authenticate our product. If you contact the store your cousin bought the bag in and let them know the strap is missing, they will reach out to us to help.

To answer your question there is an $150 fee for any replacement strap. Also please note replacement straps are cut to order and handmade in Italy so ordering one can take anywhere from 4 - 6 weeks.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Best,

Rachel Smith

I guess I would imagine that's why ordering online (and if you can seeing them in person first at a shop, then ordering online) is probably the best way to get these bags. You'll always have the receipt on your online store account so they can never turn you away for not having the receipt...

I know how you ladies stressing over the PS customer service feel. My sister-in-law recently gave me her ps1 medium but the strap was missing. It's been a few years now so obviously she would not have her receipt. I don't understand why I have to go through a store and just can't purchase the strap directly from them. I contacted PS customer service about how I could obtain one and here's their reply:

Hello XXXX,

Hope this email finds you well.

I am so sorry to hear about this missing strap! Our policy as far as repair and returns go is we ask all clients to go through the original store of purchase. Not only does this make it an easier process on both ends but it also helps authenticate our product. If you contact the store your cousin bought the bag in and let them know the strap is missing, they will reach out to us to help.

To answer your question there is an $150 fee for any replacement strap. Also please note replacement straps are cut to order and handmade in Italy so ordering one can take anywhere from 4 - 6 weeks.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Best,

Rachel Smith

I sound like a broken record here, but Proenza should be able to authenticate their own goods.

Not only am I unlikely to buy another PS bag for myself until their CS policy improves - the is absolutely ZERO chance that I would buy even a small item like a wallet as a gift. It's not the recipient's fault, and maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I cannot fathom asking someone who bought me a gift to provide a receipt or any other store information. It's rude.

And even if your spouse or an in-law with whom you are very close volunteers that information, I would find it very unsettling if the retail location would release information about the purchase to someone other than the buyer. It's a precarious position.

It's such a shame. PS bags are beautiful and - with some exceptions that are documented in this subforum - very well made. There are plenty of other comparable designs to choose from, though, and PS will certainly continue to lose customers as their CS policy gains notoriety.

I sound like a broken record here, but Proenza should be able to authenticate their own goods.

Not only am I unlikely to buy another PS bag for myself until their CS policy improves - the is absolutely ZERO chance that I would buy even a small item like a wallet as a gift. It's not the recipient's fault, and maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I cannot fathom asking someone who bought me a gift to provide a receipt or any other store information. It's rude.

And even if your spouse or an in-law with whom you are very close volunteers that information, I would find it very unsettling if the retail location would release information about the purchase to someone other than the buyer. It's a precarious position.

It's such a shame. PS bags are beautiful and - with some exceptions that are documented in this subforum - very well made. There are plenty of other comparable designs to choose from, though, and PS will certainly continue to lose customers as their CS policy gains notoriety.
Exactly, if they can't authenticate, who can? :rolleyes:

It's so odd too because whenever I buy a big ticket item, the store always tells me if I have a problem, to send it back to the manufacturer and not to them.

The exact opposite with PS.

I have to say the more I read, the more disheartened I am about their CS (or lack of CS). I've cut back on my handbag spending, buying only one new bag a year. Because of this, I really take the time to ponder my next purchase. I've been admiring the PS1 for almost 2 years now, and thought that this is the year to finally invest in one. However, I'm having second thoughts the more I read about their treatment of customers and the quality of the product.

So glad I decided to surf and read some PS threads first.

I was getting ready to purchase online a medium PS Travel.. I won't be doing this now.

So off to search for another brand with similar functionalities. Any suggestions? TIA

I'm glad I found this thread because I was considering buying a PS1 but I won't buy from a brand that treats their customers that way. OP, I'm sorry for your troubles but thanks for posting them.

So glad I decided to surf and read some PS threads first.

I was getting ready to purchase online a medium PS Travel.. I won't be doing this now.

So off to search for another brand with similar functionalities. Any suggestions? TIA

I won't be buying PS anymore. That's contemptible how they treat their customers and they don't deserve the thousands of dollars they call for. I'd suggest Mulberry for the satchel style. Alexander Wang's Rockie and Brenda are both quite similar.

I won't be buying PS anymore. That's contemptible how they treat their customers and they don't deserve the thousands of dollars they call for. I'd suggest Mulberry for the satchel style. Alexander Wang's Rockie and Brenda are both quite similar.

I've heard Alexander Wang's CS has had a lot of problems too. And the bags often have issues (though my AW's haven't really had anything beyond the normal cracking at the edges). Love AW still though.

The PS website has a section on "Repairs" which is different from other on-line websites, in that the other brands don't assume you will have a repair problem.

REPAIRS
For products purchased from one of our authorized stockists, please contact the store from which you purchased item and a sales associate will handle your repair inquiry.

For products purchased through our website, please send an email to [email protected] with images and a detailed description of what needs to be repaired.

Please include your order #, a copy of your receipt, full name, shipping address, and phone number.

If damage arises from normal use of the product, we will repair the product or replace hardware without charge and return it to you. Please note that this warranty does not cover misuse or theft.