Help, problem with CL sold on ebay.

po0hping

O.G.
Jan 5, 2008
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post so mods feel free to move it. I need advice ASAP.
I sold a pair of peacock patent biancas to someone. She paid right away and sent the money. She just emailed saying she is upset b/c the the biancas aren't peacock patent and are dark blue, to her, and said they looked peacock b/c of the lighting. She wants a refund immediately and said she is going to pay for return shipping. I explicitly said NO RETURNS and she can have them authenticated at tPF. This is my first time selling something on ebay. I already left a positive feedback for her, which I obviously can't do anything about anymore. I have a feeling it's buyer's remorse, at worse someone trying to scam me. What is the best course of action from here on?

I know that there are rules to posting ebay auctions and I don't want to get in trouble so if anyone wants to see the auction you can PM me and I will send the link.

TIA

Last edited:
you would get more feedback from the ebay forum, but definitely do NOT refund before receiving the shoes. personally i would let her escalate it to a claim, and document pictures of your peacock shoes and pictures from online. i haven't seen peacock irl but i was under the impression it looks almost navy/blackish irl. (i had marine metal patent that looked like that)

eta: doh, i should have refreshed before posting!

hey po0h, the ladies at the eBay forum would be able to help you a little better... does the box say peacock? unfortunately, in my experience, it's better to just take the return because eBay usually sides with the buyer and it's just not worth the trouble and the headache. you don't know how far someone might go to get their way... sorry!!! :hugs:

SNAD is significantly not as described. In your case, it doesn't apply since the color is subjective to how one views under different lightings and esp the label on the box clearly stated that the color is peacock. I sense a buyer's remorse as well.

I didn't put that the color can look darker or lighter depending on the lighting in the listing, honestly, no matter the lighting the shoes always looked peacock to me. I took the pictures on my highest camera setting too. One potential buyer emailed me to clarify the color because she thought they looked black, and I told her it will look black, where you are in dark place, and it will look the color it is in regular light.

I'm not that upset that I might have to refund her b/c she's being the way she is, regretful. There were others who offering me outside of the auction that really wanted the shoes and they ended up with her. I put in my listing, if you have ANY questions email, I even directed bidders to tPF and the CL sub forum for authentication. I just wanted them to go to a good home, where they can be loved. I can't believe I wrote her a thank you note.

I understand your frustration Po0H people do the craziest things/claims on eBay.. I'm kind of in the middle of one myself... People buying and than changing their minds.. I had tons of e-mails and requests for an item that I've listed, and than this one person simply clicked "Buy it Now" and it's beem 3 days.. n still no payment and no answer to my messages.
Good luck on your case, if I were you; I would take the shoes back.. Inspect them and than refund her the money if everything is fine, Karma is a B*it*h you may end up selling them again at a better price!

I understand your frustration Po0H people do the craziest things/claims on eBay.. I'm kind of in the middle of one myself... People buying and than changing their minds.. I had tons of e-mails and requests for an item that I've listed, and than this one person simply clicked "Buy it Now" and it's beem 3 days.. n still no payment and no answer to my messages.
Good luck on your case, if I were you; I would take the shoes back.. Inspect them and than refund her the money if everything is fine, Karma is a B*it*h you may end up selling them again at a better price!

I was thinking about just taking them back. But I'm really frustrated with this buyer and am just thinking about telling her how it is. I have proof they are real *eye roll* and are the color I said they were and she can take it up with ebay, paypal whoever. It didn't seem like she read the listing at all. Any questions? None from her. Are they authentic? Go to the tPF, which I am a member of. NO RETURNS, well she's asking for one.

Wow, that's just plain silly!

po0h I don't think you should waste your time on having to take them back and relist, send again blah blah. It's entirely her fault that she imagined a different colour. The shoes are exactly what you stated and you have all the proof to back it up so I doubt even eBay would decide in her favour simply because the colour is not what she expected (totally subjective reason).

I'd be curious to know how this unfolds. Good luck!