Help: Price range for brands

azntam

Aug 20, 2009
I'm looking to buy my gf a purse for her birthday but I'm not sure what to look at. Can someone tell me the price ranges of each brand of handbags? My budget is around 500. I probably can't afford anything that is a premier brand. The only thing I know is Coach so any help is much appreciated. Thanks

bunny

Handbags R Us
Feb 2, 2006
London

Leeleerae

Jan 7, 2009
You can get a lot of great bags in that price range. Here are a few brands:
Botkier, Rebecca Minkoff, Hayden Harnett, Kooba

As bunny said, you should search at the big department sites like: neimanmarcus.com, bloomingdales.com, saks.com

isbltqe07

Aug 3, 2009
Also, MBMJ, Bulga, Tano, Lockheart, Gustto or if you really want to save money, go to an outlet and check on Tod's, some Gucci or Jimmy Choo.

pinkshoulders

Dec 14, 2007
Alexandria, VA
For $500 you can easily get a Marc by Marc Jacobs or Michael by Michael Kors. Check the Kors website for decent sale prices too. I would also suggest Lord & Taylor on line for Kors and maybe an Elliot Lucca, which should come in less. Lots of nice Dooney & Bourke in that price range -- and check the sale bags on Dooney's website.

Nov 15, 2007
you could also check Kate Spade...$500 should get you a nice leather bag. If you have an outlet near you, you could get a bag and a wallet for less than $500.

happy942

Sep 14, 2006
Chicago, IL
For that price range, I would suggest Marc by Marc Jacobs, Kate Spade, Coach, Treesje, Hayden-Harnett, and Tano.

If might help if you describe your gf''s style, age, etc as these brands vary a lot in style.

hellokitty99

Apr 1, 2009
I've seen Burberry and Gucci for less much less than 500 on sale. I wouldn't suggest buying any bag regular price because it'll eventually be on sale unless they're exceptions like stores such as LV and Chanel where the merchandise don't go on sale. Plus summer is a great time for sales, especially at outlet malls. You can even get a Pochette for around 300 or a Eva Clutch both from Louis Vuitton for around 500. If you know anyone going to Europe, the LV's there are much cheaper too. I just bought a great purse from The Sak. It's the Silverlake converitble satchel (real leather) and functions both as a handbag and hobo shoulder bag. It's normally $200 but right now you get it for around $100 through ebags and bing cashback. Here's a thread about it if you're interested:

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/my-cheap-thrill-inspired-by-miley-cyrus-p-339829.html

Last edited: