Help...Pre-loved crossbody decision???

dazzlegirl03

Jan 18, 2012
Hi,
I am looking for a pre-loved crossbody LV... An older one that people are still carrying and would be practical for me.. I have a Speedy 30 but I only carry it when I am going somewhere special. I want one I can grab and throw over my body and out the door I go. I have a 3 1/2 year old so it would be great if I could throw somethings in a bag for him too, nothing major just a small cup and a change of clothes maybe a snack or toy from time to time.. Any advice? I want A Pre-loved so I dont worry about messing it up so much. :smile:

Thank You ladies!!

I bought a pre-loved Saumur for that reason but I don't think I could/would fit a dippy cup in it as its too flat, although I can get a fair amount in it, but it does make it heavy.

phillj12 said:
I bought a pre-loved Saumur for that reason but I don't think I could/would fit a dippy cup in it as its too flat, although I can get a fair amount in it, but it does make it heavy.

I was going to suggest saumur as well. Go for a 35 if you can find one. They are double sided and generously sized. You will be able to fit quite a bit in them. The 35 has been discontinued but can be found in decent condition for reasonable prices.

How about Bloomsbury GM? Damier ebene is a great material that you will not have to be worried about....
Or I use Palermo PM with a strap from Néo to wear it crossbody - it looks great with this strap and you can put all the things you need inside.

Thank You for the suggestions.. I have been browsing on Ebay for some time. I am hoping to find a really good used one for around $150.00, I know that is a stretch but I may come across one! Wish me luck! I have been checking out the Saumur and I think I like it, does it typically stick out from your hip a lot?

You won't be able to find a crossbody for $150! You can't even find a Clès for that much, unfortunately. I would wait and save up a bit. I bought an Odeon GM preloved off of eBay that I use when running around with my twin boys. It's super flat against your body but roomy to hold all your essentials. Good luck on your decision and Happy eBay Hunting!

LOL. Yeah OP if you did find an authentic LV for $150 it would not be on ebay. You'd have to scour your local thrift shops and garage sales. And even then it would probably be really old, dirty, worn, smelly, etc. I would recommend getting a brand new crossbody bag from another designer for $150.

I have a pre loved Saumur 35. I too bought it for the same reasons as you mentioned.
Its pretty practical and fits a lot of stuff. But it does get very heavy. It doesn't stick out a lot from the body. Save up and get one in good condition though :smile:

I have seen some sell for 200.00 or so! I am bidding on one right now that has 4 hours left, right now the price is at 182.00, I have put in my highest bid so we shall see! It is in really great shape also... Keeping my fingers crossed : )