Help - Pochette Metis Reverse-Does this look ok to you?

I think you should hold out for another one. Maybe ask if you can keep this one until they have a new shipment. And they let you exchange. You can then at least use the bag you got and see how much or how less it might bug you with a off centered lock. I remember someone else also had a similar thing happen but hers wasn't as noticeable and she was fine in the end with hers.

The little keeper on mine slides down all the time too. It annoyed me at first but I don't mind it anymore, I just fiddle with it now when I wear it lol. At least I know mine is not the only one that does it. If you do get a new strap, please do keep us updated if it's a normality.

I try not to be picky, but even that would bug me because the lock is substantially misaligned. The one that your SA showed you does not look any better. What I would do is bring it back to the store, and wait for another one to come in so that way you can physically inspect it. I wouldn't keep the one you have because it will continue to bother you, and you won't be able to enjoy your bag.

My thoughts-

If the bag you have is perfect in every other way, except for being a little crooked. If you don't think about it being off center every time you look at it, you could probably happily keep it. No one else passing by your bag or someone seeing it for a brief moment will notice.

If you feel the need to exchange (which is understandable), you might have to go through a few of them. I gave up when the first two I was shown had glazing issues. My boutique eventually got three more bags in and all had crooked hardware. I thought, I'm just going to wait. Since then, I've made other purchases. You might have to be patient or accept a bag with other minor issues, if you exchange it.

Another tpf'er said on a post, "There is no such thing as the perfect bag."

Reactions: Brendutch and Pygmy
I am not close to a store to actually go into and look at them. I asked my SA who I deal with if she can try to get another, but if she can't I will probably keep it as I probably would not have noticed it if I hadn't read about that issue.

I think Sourisbrune said it best. If you feel as though the imperfections are minor and you can live with them, then keep the bag. I just got my Pochette Metis 4 days ago and the lock is just the tiniest bit off center. The rest of the bag is immaculate and the lock isn't going to bother me much. It isn't noticeable unless you're really looking for it and it's likely that no one will be inspecting my bag that closely. However, if yours is going to continuously bother you then you should definitely return it. These bags are too expensive for you not to be happy and worry-free with your purchase!

I just got the pochette metis reverse the other day and the one I noticed on the strap is the keeper just slips down and doesn't stay up. Would that bother you ? I got this off the website. I texted my SA and she said the one in the store she had did that too. Also does the lock look straight to you or am i just being too picky. I went with the reverse because i didn't have to worry about the vachetta and i have a speedy b and delightful in the monogram and another speedy b in the de, so I went with something different.
Did you end up returning this bag? Or did you keep & are happy with it now?? Wondering bc I just received mine today from a web order. The lock is slightly more centered than yours in the pic, so it only slightly bugs me. Wondering if it's worth the trouble ha ha

I think what makes the balance is the pattern on the flap aligning with the pattern on the front of the bag. Same as any mono, you'd look for matching symbols at the seams etc. My reverse aligns perfectly, and I checked carefully as I knew others had had issues with crooked flaps and / or lock.

Did you end up returning this bag? Or did you keep & are happy with it now?? Wondering bc I just received mine today from a web order. The lock is slightly more centered than yours in the pic, so it only slightly bugs me. Wondering if it's worth the trouble ha ha

I did end up keeping it. Once I put my stuff into it the flap became properly centered as empty it was crooked. The strap with the loose keeper, I sent it in to be tightened, took about 3 weeks. I actually use the new longer adjustable bandouliere strap in monogram with black leather with it. Looks beautiful. I've been using it for over a month straight now and I've seen no issues.

I did end up keeping it. Once I put my stuff into it the flap became properly centered as empty it was crooked. The strap with the loose keeper, I sent it in to be tightened, took about 3 weeks. I actually use the new longer adjustable bandouliere strap in monogram with black leather with it. Looks beautiful. I've been using it for over a month straight now and I've seen no issues.
Ok thank you so much!!! My lock is actually straight but it's not centered between the design. Some of the replies on this thread mentioned yours being similar so I didn't know if that bothered you at all but from your response it wasn't even an issue in the first place (only something others pointed out) - which is good to know! I think I can live with it though - was just trying to get some opinions:smile:

can't believe off center that much! looks like counterfeit. How could these bags pass the quality control? On the other hand, I shouldn't be so surprised, have seen some samples similar, including a very recent visit to the store, was looking for Favorite, the one (DE) I was looking at the prints didn't align well either so I didn't buy it.

Reactions: AndreaM99
Ok thank you so much!!! My lock is actually straight but it's not centered between the design. Some of the replies on this thread mentioned yours being similar so I didn't know if that bothered you at all but from your response it wasn't even an issue in the first place (only something others pointed out) - which is good to know! I think I can live with it though - was just trying to get some opinions:smile:

The lock itself not being centered in the design did not bother me as much as one side of the flap appeared crooked. But in the end, I figured it really didn't matter much as long as everything else was fine.

can't believe off center that much! looks like counterfeit. How could these bags pass the quality control? On the other hand, I shouldn't be so surprised, have seen some samples similar, including a very recent visit to the store, was looking for Favorite, the one (DE) I was looking at the prints didn't align well either so I didn't buy it.
Can't believe the alignment is so bad on some pieces either. I wonder whether quality control differs country to country, or production site.

Just curious, those of you who have had crooked or misaligned print, where were the bags made?