Help! Pochette Metis Glazing Concern

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Just received my pochette metis in the rose poudre color and I noticed on the front flap part of the bag, the glazing part is not smooth straight. Is this normal or a defect? I’ve attached pictures. Thanks in advance for your help! Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

Attached Files:

2. Normal - done by machine not hand.

resplendent likes this.
  3. My guesses are normal but showing very poor craftsmanship from the house. I’ve seen bags of similar price range from other houses with the same poor craftsmanship. It bothered me enough to pass on that bag. If it doesn’t bother you, simply enjoy it!

OogleAtLuxury likes this.
  4. As others said, normal.

It doesn't ruin the overall look of your bag, IMO, but I will also add that the edges of the leather may also lift more with wear. I had an empreinte wallet (dark grey) where, at the edges, the surface of the leather started to lift/wear in a couple spots. It still looked good after 2 years because of its dark color, but I don't know how it will show on the light pink leather of yours.

5. It all depends how you rate "normal". IMO a bag that costs a lot of money should not have ragged edges.
    However, it's not terribly noticable, which is good. I'd use it and take it back in to show them when the boutique reopens. Good luck.

6. Normal. This is how they come.

7. Nonsense...

OogleAtLuxury likes this.