HELP plz. Need some suggestions between 2 WOCs

Stella0925

O.G.
Jul 21, 2010
Hey ladies, I have been saving up for a black caviar woc with gold hardware for some time now . I know that's the dream one I have been wanting all the way. However, I stumbled across the pale pink woc in the 2014 cruise collection which I fell in love with immediately .

I don't have anything in pink in my collection . But I have the black and gold combo in both jumbo and reissue. I'm just not a very pink person but that one caught my eyes. Making me wonder if I should add some new color to my bag collection. However, I do prefer black with gold normally . And I feel they're just such a classic combination and they go with almost everything . I'm kind of person who get tired of sth really quickly . But till now I still love my jumbo and reissue to bits. I'm worried that the pale pink is just the love at first sight thing and it won't pass time so I may regret it soon. I know it's much safer to get black woc with ghw, but I just love the idea of having a light pink bag in my collection .

Any suggestions which one i should go for ?
Thanks in advance !

Usually I would say go with black and gold, but since you have a jumbo and reissue in that combo, go for the pink. When I've experienced love at first sight and still can't get something out of my mind after 48 hours of separation and then retuning and still feeling that love, I know the piece is for me. After that I will regret passing up the piece and it will haunt me. Don't let the pink WOC be the one that got away, I so hate when that happens. You can always get a black Wallet on Chain another day. Good Luck.

I would give it a few days and see if you're still lusting after it. It sounds like the black with GHW may be the more rational choice for you but sometimes, the heart does what it wants to do! The pale pink is such a pretty color and it would be a nice contrast to your black classic and reissue. However I'm always a little leery of light colored crossbody bags due to potential color transfer.

I'm the same way- all my bags are black and gold! Even my non-Chanel bags- but I just splurged on a square mini in cobalt blue because I fell in love with the color. I'd say in a day or two if you're still lusting after the pink, go for it! The WOC is such a small piece I think it'd be fun to get it in colors other than black, it'll make your outfit pop if you wear a lot of neutrals like me :smile: Plus, the same pink WOC may never appear again, but you can always get a black WOC if you change your mind.

Maybe it's time to go Pink? I went rouge on a papaya colored Prada almost 2 years ago and LOVE IT. If was love at first sight and still is. The majority of my bags are black. Then I did it again this Summer and purchased a Celtic red LeBoy and love him too! The red has been absolutely refreshing while ms papaya is in hibernation. I find myself building outfits around that handsome LeBoy . I suspect you would do the same with a pick WOC. Plus the WOC is just small enough that the pink will look incredible . Give if more thought, oh and even though you may have to wait as most of have for a black caviar WOC, it could be a very long time before pink comes around again...

Good luck!

SB

I feel the small bag like woc is a perfect piece to get in color. It won't be too flashy to carry. I'd go with the pink. Plus like others mentioned, you nvr know when this color will come back, but black is classic.

Hey ladies, I have been saving up for a black caviar woc with gold hardware for some time now . I know that's the dream one I have been wanting all the way. However, I stumbled across the pale pink woc in the 2014 cruise collection which I fell in love with immediately .

I don't have anything in pink in my collection . But I have the black and gold combo in both jumbo and reissue. I'm just not a very pink person but that one caught my eyes. Making me wonder if I should add some new color to my bag collection. However, I do prefer black with gold normally . And I feel they're just such a classic combination and they go with almost everything . I'm kind of person who get tired of sth really quickly . But till now I still love my jumbo and reissue to bits. I'm worried that the pale pink is just the love at first sight thing and it won't pass time so I may regret it soon. I know it's much safer to get black woc with ghw, but I just love the idea of having a light pink bag in my collection .

Any suggestions which one i should go for ?
Thanks in advance !

Stella0925,

I am not usually a TPFer who becomes involved when others ask opinions about color selections or making choices between 2 bags. However, like Poohbag and others have mentioned, you may prefer to black classic selection due to color transfer (both caviar and lamb leather fabrications) and showing wear prematurely on the corners. If you are able to go back through the entire thread I remembered many TPFers over the past fours years buying pink, light pink, and beige Claire being totally distraught over color transfer and trying to get it cleaned as best possible and immediately sell it.

I also know that there are some who are very careful and baby there bags for fear of transfer, particularly when wear dark jean that have not been washed a few times. Good luck with you decisions.