Help - Pls VOTE! Which Fossil Vintage Satchel to choose?

I vote for the

• Zipper closure style (left pic)

• Open style with turnlock closure (right pic)

• Both looks great - I can't decide either

Results are only viewable after voting.

smileglu

O.G.
May 2, 2007
I really need my fellow bag enthusiasts' opinions on this. I'm loving the Fossil re-issue vintage satchel and it looks like I can get it on 2 styles (see pics) below.

I'm going to get the brown color (bags are the same color but the different photos makes it look slightly different) but can't decide which style to get: the zipper closure (left pic) or the open style with with the turnlock closure (right pic).

Which style appeals to you more and why? I'm looking for a classic/timeless looking bag. I plan to mainly carry it on my shoulder and sometimes hand-carry.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Fossil satchel.jpg
    Fossil satchel.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 2,678
I can't decide either - I was going to vote 'zipper' but then - open top lets you get in and out easier. It's going to be up to you, I think - do you want secured or does it matter?

Thanks for your thoughts indiaink. It doesn't really matter to me - I have zipperred and open style bags. It's more the look of the bag that I'm going for. They both look good to me so I can't decide :confused1:

I like the look of the second one better, but suspect that the zipper functionality would be more useful. I dislike open-top bags that require a flap-like closure, because then I can't cram as much stuff in the bag since it has to "squeeze" close.

i have zipper bags but i never close them. plus i like the detail of the turn lock more. can't wait to see what you decide on. i've always liked that bag.

First, I'd definitely go with the reddish brown. Fossil does have both colours - a lighter brown like the first and a redder brown like the second - and no matter which bag you choose the redder colour is MUCH better.

I'd go with the first bag because IMO a zipper top is a safer bag. My mom has the first one and she moved the key from the side to the front in the "keyhole" (hanging from its leather lanyard) and it is SO cute. The zip top looks more like a handbag, IMO, and the other looks more like a tote.

THanks to everyone who voted and responded. I'm leaning toward the zippered bag because I think it looks less busy, the width between the strap is wider (easier to put on) and the zipper is a nice add.

I like the zipper better simply for function. I would know I got it closed and it'll stay closed, I think at some point the turnlock would probably drive me crazy (even though it's a very cute accent). I do like the color of the turnlock one better though. Have you seen them in person? If you have the chance to see them in person it may be no issue to decide which one better suits you.