Help pls i can't decide between classic city or giant 12 silver for my second balen

Lani_74

Jan 21, 2007
:P I will be buying my second Balenciaga bag in Dec I am going to Rome for the third time but can't decide between the Classic City Regular hardware or the Giant 12 Silver
I really like the pale pink color city color but it's in Classic Regular hardware they don't have in Giant 12 silver but someone told me that a pale pink is very hard to maintain due to the color transfer please can someone help me decide I want the Giant 12 silverhardware because I have the giant 21 in gold city black balenciaga already .

Im so sorry but I'm confused. What exactly are your options that you have in mind? So its a pale pink for the regular city, I got that. But for the giant silver, what color options do you have? On the pale pink color, I really would have to advise you to rethink on that. I have the rose azalee which is a coral pink and it got color transfer & the corners got scuffed and darkened very easily. Because I admit I was not super duper careful & I wore black. So if you got pale pink...just imagine the limitations on color choices clothing, meaning no blacks, no darks, no jeans. Let me know about your other options or colors please.

If you want to go for the classic option, I recommend the anthracite with Regular hardware (keep in mind that this will give you more of a cool rugged look) . If you want something bold & with color, I'd definitely go for the purple with giant 12 hardware. These two options are whats popping out for me. Like I said, the pale pink is kind of a danger zone for me, and I would not pick the orange as my second bal bag. Let me know more about your style, what color options do you go for when choosing outfits? Are you looking for a bag that will be for frequent use or something that will used once in a while? Nevertheless, I still think the purple with giant silver hardware will go great with neutral color outfits. Another tip I recommend is to PICTURE yourself with these bags on. Which one attracts you the most on yourself? Which one looks like it goes with you best? Sorry for blabbing, it's because I also had the hardest time buying a bag with two different colors and it was very very hard on me with two different hardwares. So good luck!!

:smile:I like the giant 12 silver hardware because for me the regular hardware doesn't really stand out but to be honest I want a light color bag because all of my bags are black. can you give me color options for light color bags that doesn't have color transfer I love Balenciaga bags so much I would for sure use it more frequently. No problem I just need someone to give me advice but dec is a long way to go so I can only hope that they add some more colors for the giant 12 silver hardware I will buy it in the Balenciaga Store in Rome. Thanks for the advice can I private message you if I have further question.

Then definitely go with the silver hardware this time. Even though I understand what you mean about how you think the regular/classic hardware doesn't really stand out, I personally think it depends on the color of the bag that you choose. If it's black or anthracite or brown, it will not stand out at all, but if you choose a hot pink or a red , it would definitely make the hardware stand out. Anyways, as far as light colors that will not get color transfer....I'm not sure. Because mine was not a light color Bal at all, it was a medium color that was bright and it still got color transfer even though I sprayed Apple Garde's rain & stain repellent 3 times!!! Since you are going to Rome in december, I must admit that that is a long time from now. Who knows what colors will be left and if you are lucky, more colors might be available for that time. Because if I am correct, they usually display new colors for spring/summer around January or maybe late december, I cannot guarantee. Feel free to personally message me if you wish, I am all yours for giving advice and opinion.

No they all do but the problem is with the dyes in the clothes we wear not with the bags themselves.

This is key to grasp about transfer, as opposed to routine visibility of dirt. Get your dark denim away from your light bags--for any brand of bag.

About hardware, one easy way to determine this is how you feel about tassels and the overall sense of the bag--casual or a little sleeker? What's the vibe you're after?

This is key to grasp about transfer, as opposed to routine visibility of dirt. Get your dark denim away from your light bags--for any brand of bag.

About hardware, one easy way to determine this is how you feel about tassels and the overall sense of the bag--casual or a little sleeker? What's the vibe you're after?

I Like the elegance of giant 12 in silver I really don't care much about the tassels I'm more of a dressy kind of person I don't own a lot of denim. :graucho:

I think the tassels make the bag more rugged or bohemian I don't think I can pull if off any suggestions on colors violet on giant 12 in silver here are the choices gris pyrite or ultraviolet, gris glace. Im just so torn about the light colored should I give it a try and risk paying for $1700 light colored bag or just play it safe on darker color bag dilemma wah!

Have you seen them in person? It's really important. Bal colors don't always photograph the way your eye perceives them.

I have a small bag in Gris Pyrite and consider it a medium tone, not light. The others--you just have to see what really speaks to you. It's not always what you imagine based on online browsing. (BTW my Gris Pyrite has G12 in gold, not silver, and that's an incredibly great combo.)