Help pls ! Buying from personal shopper or boutique ?

tnt134

Nov 17, 2012
Hey guys, I have an option of either buying from a PS or boutique for a small chanel boy which both will be shipped to me as there is no chanel store in my city. Should I get it from a PS where I can save $650 ? Or from the actual boutique in my country and get them ship to me ?

My concern for getting it from a PS is that the bag will be purchased of course under the PS name, so it is going to be hard when it comes to warranty. ( PS will give me all the paperwork they get from boutique ) can I actually ask PS to purchase the bag under my name ? Can they claim VAT tax if it is under my name instead of the people traveling ?

Thanks guys

Bisoux78

Jul 26, 2012
Strawberry Fields
Hey guys, I have an option of either buying from a PS or boutique for a small chanel boy which both will be shipped to me as there is no chanel store in my city. Should I get it from a PS where I can save $650 ? Or from the actual boutique in my country and get them ship to me ?
My concern for getting it from a PS is that the bag will be purchased of course under the PS name, so it is going to be hard when it comes to warranty. ( PS will give me all the paperwork they get from boutique ) can I actually ask PS to purchase the bag under my name ? Can they claim VAT tax if it is under my name instead of the people traveling ?
Thanks guys
Sounds like a headache if you buy through a PS. I personally would just buy directly from a boutique to avoid any hassle.

CwahineC

Aug 26, 2015
Hawaii

Thanks guys
I do not think the Personal Shopper (if in the EU) can get the VAT tax refund. In order to get the VAT tax refund, the shop must see your passport. Then you get a form, which then has to get stamped at the airport by customs, who look at your ticket , your passport AND THE BAG which must be in your possession. I have been behind people who did not have the items readily available and the customs guy would not stamp until they produced their goods. After that, the form gets mailed to a processing center OR sometimes you can get a cash refund at the airport (minus service charge).

yinnie

O.G.
Apr 19, 2008
I don't think you need to produce an original receipt with your name on it in order to get your bag repaired by chanel. Chanel just needs to find the bag authentic and they will repair. I have never been asked to show a receipt.

tnt134

Nov 17, 2012
Thanks guys for your input . I have bought stuffs like Prada and Celine handbag from the PS before so no doubt on authenticity. Just the matter of when thing need to be repaired or the bag I have received is not in perfect conditions or something like that . :sad:((( im so confused :sad:((