Help Please!!

allbrandspls said:
If money was paid via paypal with credit card you can dispute it with your bank. Also dispute with Paypal.

You can do that, but the bank will write back to say that if you choose to buy stuff over the internet, the onus is on you to ensure you are buying from people who are selling you the real stuff. They don't dispute everything for you. Especially if you have chosen to buy from ioffer. Chargeback usually occurs if you didn't receive what you paid for, not if you feel you were misrepresented.

Check out www.paypalsucks.com for a whole list of problems you can encounter with such transactions.

TammyD said:
You can do that, but the bank will write back to say that if you choose to buy stuff over the internet, the onus is on you to ensure you are buying from people who are selling you the real stuff. They don't dispute everything for you. Especially if you have chosen to buy from ioffer. Chargeback usually occurs if you didn't receive what you paid for, not if you feel you were misrepresented.

Check out www.paypalsucks.com for a whole list of problems you can encounter with such transactions.
Ugh, that website... PayPal has been good to me so far. Had over 100+ transactions on it and one turned out bad. Disputed it and got my money back. But then again, that's eBay and they "favor" eBay transactions.

InVisib0L said:
Ugh, that website... PayPal has been good to me so far. Had over 100+ transactions on it and one turned out bad. Disputed it and got my money back. But then again, that's eBay and they "favor" eBay transactions.

I think a lot of the problems are real, but it just doesn't apply to ebay auctions because, guess what, ebay OWNS paypal!!

I once bought flamenco shoes from a shop in Spain and they didn't send my shoes even after 3 months. I disputed with paypal - nothing. I disputed with my cc. company. Nothing. I was well within the time restriction, mind you. Basically, paypal does NOTHING to protect you, because it wasn't an ebay transaction. I did receive my shoes afterall, but phew. What a lesson learnt.

I still use paypal because it's convenient, but I suggest that people be really careful. And don't buy from people you cannot trust.