Help, please- would you keep this blotched Burberry Sandringham Trench Coat??

chicklety

Oct 1, 2018
Dear Burberry friends... what would you do...I just purchased this Sandringham trench and it has arrived with white splotches. I've put in a request for a full refund but it is Tradesy so I'm not sure what will happen. How bad does this look? Can the spots come out? I paid near $900 so I think the seller should get it cleaned and offer it back to me.... what do you think? Thanks so much ♡
PS the spots are on the epaulet and collar, same side. Other than that it's good looking coat, aside from a tad 20210207_181745.jpg20210207_180759.jpg20210207_180351.jpg20210207_180801.jpg20210207_180502.jpg20210207_180429.jpg20210207_180600.jpg20210207_182736.jpg20210207_181745.jpg20210207_180759.jpg20210207_181745.jpg20210207_180759.jpg20210207_180351.jpg20210207_180801.jpg20210207_180502.jpg20210207_180429.jpg20210207_180600.jpg20210207_182736.jpgwrinkly...

20210207_180351.jpg

Are you asking for the seller to clean it and send it back to you? You will be up for the cost of shipping both ways. Isnt it a better idea to have it dry cleaned and seller refund you that amount?

Reactions: chicklety
Are you asking for the seller to clean it and send it back to you? You will be up for the cost of shipping both ways. Isnt it a better idea to have it dry cleaned and seller refund you that amount?
I am not sure if it even can be fixed, I was hoping to get a refund and if it is fixed I can consider repurchase later. It's a risk taking it anywhere and I don't want to be stuck with that burden or a ruined coat. Do you agree that looks pretty bad? Especially when it was labeled as no stains :sad: thanks for taking the time to reply

I think it's obviously why the seller wanted to get rid of it. I wouldn't give up $900 for it. Were you deceived or were the spots pointed out in the description of the item? Can you get your money back? On the other hand, if you're OK with it, that's another matter. Something made those spots, that lightened the fabric. If something darkened the fabric you might have better luck removing it. But lightening? If it was labeled "no stains", then technically it could be correct, because whatever stained it lightened the fabric and it's as bad as an actual stain. The description is dirty and a real crappy one. I'd put the B in "Beyaatch" and demand a refund.

Reactions: chicklety
No I would not keep it. Staining on coats are a deal breaker to me. However, if you think it’s a small stain that doesn’t really bother you then by all means keep it.
I feel the same way, just doing a "sanity check" to make sure I'm not overreacting. I think it will drive me nuts to be worrying about it. Thank you so much for your opinion :smile:

I think it's obviously why the seller wanted to get rid of it. I wouldn't give up $900 for it. Were you deceived or were the spots pointed out in the description of the item? Can you get your money back? On the other hand, if you're OK with it, that's another matter. Something made those spots, that lightened the fabric. If something darkened the fabric you might have better luck removing it. But lightening? If it was labeled "no stains", then technically it could be correct, because whatever stained it lightened the fabric and it's as bad as an actual stain. The description is dirty and a real crappy one. I'd put the B in "Beyaatch" and demand a refund.
It was labeled as not looking worn, no stains, etc. Excellent and rarely worn... I'll try to post the link here. I love your reply, thaaat makes me feel so much better. I'm asking for a refund. I'll try to find a better one elsewhere. Thanks again, you're awesome!

I agree with everyone that you're not overreacting. Hope you'll be able to return it and get all your money back, including shipping, because the item clearly was inaccurately described. Those are quite noticeable stains. You'll find another one in better condition, just have patience! :smile:

I agree with everyone that you're not overreacting. Hope you'll be able to return it and get all your money back, including shipping, because the item clearly was inaccurately described. Those are quite noticeable stains. You'll find another one in better condition, just have patience! :smile:
Thank you so much, you make me feel more confident in this! I hope they accept my pictures...I should link them to this discussion! ;) thank you again for taking the time to check this out and for the pep talk to be patient! Yes! :smile: :smile:

Reactions: IntheOcean
Here is an update... Tradesy acknowledged that they can see the spots from my provided photos and would approve a refund. Still, I tried to have an open mind. Thinking perhaps it can be repaired. So I entertained the idea that I would keep the coat for a partial refund. Here is Seller's reply. Is it just me or is there some ungratefulness? Sorry, had to vent. Healthy and happy Valentine's day to all of you lovely people out there :heart::heart::heart::flowers::flowers::flowers:Screenshot_20210213-192835_Chrome.jpg