Help please with removing semicircle mark on B

kath00

O.G.
Feb 13, 2012
Hi ladies,

I just bought my first Birkin (resale) and noticed that there is this semicircle under the front metal clasp thing in the middle of the bag, probably from the clochette hanging down? It looks something like the pix below. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove this and if it is possible to do so?

Mine is the Rubis in Togo leather but looks similar to the pix below, just slightly lighter.

Thank you! Kath

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 6.50.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 6.50.13 PM.png
    354.9 KB · Views: 514
This happened with my first B (orange) when I placed the lock there (learned my lesson!). What I did was just damp a cloth and gently wipe the area and it disappeared. I did it right away though so I don't know if the mark "sets."

This happened with my first B (orange) when I placed the lock there (learned my lesson!). What I did was just damp a cloth and gently wipe the area and it disappeared. I did it right away though so I don't know if the mark "sets."

Thanks. I will try that! This bag is preloved and new to me so prob has been there a while. But it's worth a try. Anyone try babywipes, or is that just asking for trouble?

I'm not sure if it works for this particular one but I normally use leather moisturizer from coach to clean bags, not leather cleaner which may cause the color faded. I would try this 1st bc at least it will do no harm. Then try other things if it doesn't work.

Thanks. I will try that! This bag is preloved and new to me so prob has been there a while. But it's worth a try. Anyone try babywipes, or is that just asking for trouble?

I've used fragrance and alcohol free baby wipes on my birkin before, to spot clean it. Once to clean a bit of colour transfer, once for faint smiley from the lock and other times to wipe away dirt.

most smileys are indentions caused by repeated brushes and grinding with the lock. You may be able to lighten it a little but there is nothing that is gonna fix dents in the leather.

Ok ladies, great news! I took an alcohol free babywipe to it and just gently rubbed and it mostly came off. Then I took a moist wash cloth and brushed that against it too and VOILA, it is totally gone!! I had the leather conditioner out (from Coach actually) but never got to it.

YESSSSS!!! Thank you so much. OMG, never again with the lock. Yiykes.

Also, it had no indent thankfully yet. It looks like a pretty new bag so I think this mark was not as bad as it could have been.

I am soooo happy! Thanks all. Kath

Definitely was worried about the wipes. Also I wiped it off with damp cloth with water after to make sure no residue left. It looks brand new again. I used Pampers. Lol. No alcohol hypoallergenic ones. ;)