Help please! Which one should I get? Marmont velvet mini VS Soho disco

Lavinna

Sep 14, 2013
Hi there,

Thank you everyone in advance.
I am deciding which bag to get between the Marmont velvet (in black or teal) and soho disco bag. I went into the store today and love both of them. I feel the soho disco would properly be more classic but after read a lot of reviews, the bag will get sack after a while. Whereas I am afraid to have velvet bag as I don't own any. I don't know whether the material will be ruined easily or not and whether the marmont style will be out of date in couple of years.

Please advice newbie!

Thank you again in advance.

With a velvet bag you're really going to have to baby it. It's definitely easy to stain. I had a few velvet bags in the past and I'm not the one to baby my bags so it was kind of a hassle to deal with. Especially if you shell out so much money on it!

If you're worried about that, definitely don't go for the velvet. I would rather have a sagging bag than a stained one. You can also use bag organizers to keep the shape up!

Reactions: Luv2Shop1
What about the Marmount camera bag?? Similar to the Soho Disco but with more longevity. I would not purchase the Soho Disco because of the rumors that it will be discontinued.

I love the look of velvet bags. I however will never own one because of the upkeep, I don't baby my bags and where I live we get a lot of rain and snow. I could never justify that kind of money on something that I would have such limited use of and have to be extra conscious of while using, that would take away from the enjoyment of the bag for me. I love the disco the leather dose soften but mine doesn't look saggy maybe I'm less critical because I love great smooshy leather. I'd take a saggy looking disco over a dirty well worn looking velvet marmot. I don't really think that the leather camera marmot will hold shape any better than the disco dose, it's pretty much the same shape and a softer texture leather. Maybe hold off on buying anything for the time being. It sounds like you would really like the velvet bag over the disco but are hesitant to buy it. And the disco sounds like it's runner up of the two, and you like it but don't sound totally in love with it either.

Reactions: coolmelondew
second pixiejenna's advice...if you are going to shell out so much money for it, you have to love the bag! so if any part of it is going to create second-guessing, i'd say wait for the perfect one to come along :smile: