Help please!!! Weird black stain on speedy interior :(

Jasmine16

May 11, 2014
I have the Speedy B 35 in DE and she's only about 3 months old, I take care of her like crazy and a couple of weeks ago a whole 500ml glass of coke was spilt inside her and I managed to clean her up perfect, but now she has some strange black stains on the interior and I have no idea what they are or how to get them out!! On first inspection they looked like ink but looking again I definitely don't think that's what it is, it almost a looks like liquid eyeliner but I never carry make up in my bag anyway and water just won't budge it. I was wondering if I could spray a little bit of stain remover onto a damp cloth and gently wipe it or will that damage anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I have the Speedy B 35 in DE and she's only about 3 months old, I take care of her like crazy and a couple of weeks ago a whole 500ml glass of coke was spilt inside her and I managed to clean her up perfect, but now she has some strange black stains on the interior and I have no idea what they are or how to get them out!! On first inspection they looked like ink but looking again I definitely don't think that's what it is, it almost a looks like liquid eyeliner but I never carry make up in my bag anyway and water just won't budge it. I was wondering if I could spray a little bit of stain remover onto a damp cloth and gently wipe it or will that damage anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
oh i feel sorry for you :sad: Try baby wipe? x

Did you let it dry properly after you cleaned the Coke out of the interior? If not, it may be mold or mildew.

I saw a thread where a member put her DE Neverfull in the washing machine and it came out perfect. Not saying you should do this, but seeing that the red interior doesn't bleed to the point it fades, Woolite might help. It's a very mild detergent. I used to use it on my older fabric (uncoated canvas?) Coach bags when I would get denim transfer on them after an SA told me that's what she does for hers. Also used it on my Michael Kors Kempton crossbody (the nylon ones). Maybe try it on just a tiny area that isn't easily seen and see if it works?

It's definitely not related to the coke incident, it's sort of on top of the fibres rather than soaked in! It looks like nothing in the pictures which is why I didn't post any in the first place cause I didn't want people to think I was making a big deal out of nothing haha! But in person it's a whoooole lot worse than the photos :sad:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406742671.304172.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1406742702.584290.jpg

I wonder how did you clean up the mess of the spill coke inside the bag?! The smell, the stickiness etc. Imagine the coke should have soaked into the fabric. Unless the fabric has been sent to professional cleaning.

I wonder how did you clean up the mess of the spill coke inside the bag?! The smell, the stickiness etc. Imagine the coke should have soaked into the fabric. Unless the fabric has been sent to professional cleaning.

I cleaned it with just a damp cloth and left it to air dry, I'm 100% sure it isn't mould or anything do with the coke situation, its a stain that's specifically marked like a pen drawing across it but I never keep pens in there :sad: it's definitely a mark from something that's been inside my bag but I don't know what.

Also the incident with the coke happened over a month ago and I had no problems with it at all during the mean time, it literally cleaned up and dried perfectly, there's no stain or stickiness or smell whatsoever.

Could it be newspaper with something heavy upon for a short time ... Like a print ink? Just an idea ... Or I remember woman magazins having a smudgy back side, if carried in huminity or sweaty hands after reading I sometimes find dark color on my hands!

It's definitely not related to the coke incident, it's sort of on top of the fibres rather than soaked in! It looks like nothing in the pictures which is why I didn't post any in the first place cause I didn't want people to think I was making a big deal out of nothing haha! But in person it's a whoooole lot worse than the photos :sad:

View attachment 2702716View attachment 2702723

Ink or color transfer from something when the liquid from the coke spilled? I bet that will come out. I have used a tiny bit of stain stick then gently wiped (having a blow drier handy so no water spot) has worked very well:smile: