Help please! Speedy B 25 or wait for mini backpack for travel/holidays

Bumbles

O.G.
May 27, 2009
Hi all, I'm in bit of a dilemma. I already own a speedy 30 DE and am wanting a bag for travel and holidays that is cross body so it's easy to wear, look after and enjoy. I already have a neverfull but would prefer the speedy B 25 DE because its crossbody and the colour DE is low maintenance and It has a zipper for security. Only thing is I own the speedy 30 DE. My DH says why get the B in the same colour, even thou it is the smaller one in the 25, and I don't want it in the DA or mono. What should I do?

There aren't any other designs that I like, so am wondering on everyone's thoughts. Does anyone have any other suggestions for a travel bag? I'm not fond of the Bloomsbury either.

I am thinking of the mini backpack that is coming out at the end of year, but my mind keeps coming back to the speedy B 25.......but then I think it's a waste coz I got the speedy in the DE so it's kind of the same. I'm so confused.

Hubby does say find another style so I can have a variety but not sure what other bag would do the job. What bag does everyone travel with??

Many thanks for all the suggestions!

I travel often and I use my Mono Totally MM on the plane. I pack my Mono Eva for dinners and a handbag for during the day (this bag varies depending on the types of things we will be doing while traveling). I have several Speedy's, an Odeon, two Alma,'s etc.

I think the Speedy B 25 would be a terrific travel bag! It's too bad you don't like it in Mono because that seems like it would solve your issue. Would you consider selling your DE 30 in order to get the DE 25 B? This might solve the duplicate issue. If not, and this is truly the only bag you desire, then I would just get it.

I travel often and I use my Mono Totally MM on the plane. I pack my Mono Eva for dinners and a handbag for during the day (this bag varies depending on the types of things we will be doing while traveling). I have several Speedy's, an Odeon, two Alma,'s etc.

I think the Speedy B 25 would be a terrific travel bag! It's too bad you don't like it in Mono because that seems like it would solve your issue. Would you consider selling your DE 30 in order to get the DE 25 B? This might solve the duplicate issue. If not, and this is truly the only bag you desire, then I would just get it.

I am considering selling my speedy as well, coz it would be crazy silly to have both bags in the same print. Was also tossing up to get the mini backpack as well. Not sure how that will go........ Thanks for the ideas.

Mini/BB backpack! There's always going to be another Speedy you want in the future.. new design or color. So why not hold off on the Speedy for now and get something different? I've found, personally, it's better to have more than one option when it comes to bag style.

When traveling I always bring one backpack - usually the Bosphore or the Michael Infini leather backpack. I love the option to be completely hands free and have no shoulder strain.

The new Louis Vuitton backpacks are adorable, especially the BB size. From what I hear it can be used as a shoulder bag too which I think is pretty cool. I think it would be perfect for walking around/exploring a new city.

Maybe I'm paranoid but wouldn't a backpack be not so safe for travel? Agree with most of the rest that the speedy 25 will be ideal. Or perhaps Alma BB if you don't carry much?

I agree, I'd never walk around on vacation with all of my belongings behind me, where I can't keep an eye on them for security. With the speedy b or another crossbody,you have the option, in a crowd or on public transit, to keep the bag in front of you with a hand on it.

What if you bought a separate strap for your current speedy 30? Since you'd only use it for holiday and traveling you wouldn't have to worry about straining the bag with the strap too much. It's a cheaper option to consider.