HELP PLEASE! someone took my photos and used them on ebay!

I posted some photos in the Celine Trapeze Thread to share my new Trapeze with everybody but someone has taken my photos and posted them in her ebay listing!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321436027884

I'm in one of the photos so I don't think this is right at all! HELP is there something I can do?? WHO DOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS!

Hi, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I moved your thread to the ebay forum and I think you will get lots of help here. I hope it works out.

So sorry to hear that. I experienced it too when a seller copied the photos of my Céline canvas skate shoes in her listing. I gave her a neutral but stern message to remove the photos immediately or I will have to report her listing to eBay. She responded and ended the listing and also started a new one with her own photos.

This is the link to report stolen photos. Next time, always watermark. And I believe that this thread might be moved to the eBay subforum.

So sorry to hear that. I experienced it too when a seller copied the photos of my Céline canvas skate shoes in her listing. I gave her a neutral but stern message to remove the photos immediately or I will have to report her listing to eBay. She responded and ended the listing and also started a new one with her own photos.

This is the link to report stolen photos. Next time, always watermark. And I believe that this thread might be moved to the eBay subforum.

I agree that sending a message along these lines is the best way to start.

thanks for the advice guys, I just sent her a message and hopefully she will remove them. if not i will report it to ebay and see what they can do.
i really hope i can resolve it this is so upsetting when all i wanted to do was share my bag! :panic:

Ironically I actually emailed the seller asking for pics needed to authenticate this bag as I was "briefly" interested in it.

Her reply was: "this is authentic. you can check my feedback I only sell real things. im still on vacation there now and wont be able to put pics until my return in 2 weeks. "

Sorry but this is BS -
#1 - I'm not interested in her shoe wear feedback. She has no history of selling designer handbags.
#2 - If she was on vaca and the bag is not available for pics then how in the world will she be able to ship within PP's seller protection time frame if it sells in the next few days.

No telling what will be "inside" the box if she ever sells the item.

It actually looks like she steals photos for all of her listings. :nono:
I was just going to comment on that.

For those who list items or post pictures in venues other than ebay, you cannot report image or text theft through the Report itemlink.

You can either apply as VeRO if this is something that occurs frequently or you can email a DCMA takedown demand directly to [email protected] and/or [email protected]. (I suggest sending copies to both.)

This is a sample DCMA document. Alter it as appropriate. I've successfully used this form to get stolen listings removed from Ebay, Poshmark, Tradesy, Amazon and iOffer.

Dear (FILL IN SITE NAME):
I, the undersigned, state under penalty of perjury that:
- I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner of certain intellectual property rights ("IP Owner");
- I have a good faith belief that the listings identified in the addendum attached hereto offer items or contain
materials that are not authorized by the IP Owner, its agent, or the
law; and
- Please act expeditiously to remove the listings identified in the addendum.

"I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference or link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)." "I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed."
I may be contacted at (* required):
Name of IP Owner*:
Name and title*:
Company:
Address*:
City, State, and Zip*:
Email address* (to be given to sellers):
Telephone*:
Fax:

Truthfully,

/S/: YOUR NAME

Infringing material: (LINK TO LISTING)
Seller ID: (Seller)
Source of images-- (C&P TPF link to post(s))

I was just going to comment on that.

For those who list items or post pictures in venues other than ebay, you cannot report image or text theft through the Report itemlink.

You can either apply as VeRO if this is something that occurs frequently or you can email a DCMA takedown demand directly to [email protected] and/or [email protected]. (I suggest sending copies to both.)

This is a sample DCMA document. Alter it as appropriate. I've successfully used this form to get stolen listings removed from Ebay, Poshmark, Tradesy, Amazon and iOffer.

Dear (FILL IN SITE NAME):
I, the undersigned, state under penalty of perjury that:
- I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner of certain intellectual property rights ("IP Owner");
- I have a good faith belief that the listings identified in the addendum attached hereto offer items or contain
materials that are not authorized by the IP Owner, its agent, or the
law; and
- Please act expeditiously to remove the listings identified in the addendum.
"I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference or link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)." "I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed."
I may be contacted at (* required):
Name of IP Owner*:
Name and title*:
Company:
Address*:
City, State, and Zip*:
Email address* (to be given to sellers):
Telephone*:
Fax:

Truthfully,
/S/: YOUR NAME

Infringing material: (LINK TO LISTING)
Seller ID: (Seller)
Source of images-- (C&P TPF link to post(s))

Wow...THANK YOU for the above BeenBurned, :tup: what you posted will come in so handy when needed for those of us who sell, and come across an issue such as this.

I've just had this happen to me too. It was a tpfer as well. I think she purchased the bag from me via ebay years ago but only just listed it for resale. I found out when another tpfer contacted me here thinking it was my listing, since the gallery/main image from the listing was my modeling pic that I had posted here on tpf years ago when I originally got the bag. The cheekiest part is that she watermarked MY modeling pic with her own watermark! :lecture: