Help please!!! should my 226 looks like this?

Elivia

Apr 28, 2011
After constantly stalking fedex for the last few days, i finally receive my 226 from a US Chanel Boutique! i was so excited to unwrap my early bday present (from hubby) only to find this....

There is a dent on the bottom of the bag... it bothers me so much that i really feel like :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:..

Is it me or are all bags looks like this?...

Also, the bag didn't come with a tag or have i been issue with an official CHANEL invoice/receipt... i really want to exchange this bag but i'm in Aus. Please, please tell me can i do in this case??

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

if you can smooth out the dent with your finger, and it looks fine, i would keep it. the bags are shipped flat/folded to the store and then they stuff them so it molds to the original shape. that's the cause of a lot of dents/flat lines, but i think it's meant to have somewhat of an aged look. if the dent bothers you because you cannot smooth it out, exchange it

the store needs to give you a receipt. every US store does. i would call and ask for a faxed/emailed receipt if you need to take it into an Aussie boutique asap.

^ do you think aus store will allow me to exchange it? At time of order I asked for s brand new bag not display and ask for it to be checked out carefully too.... Just my luck! :sad:

If it really bothers you I would call Chanel's customer service line and explain the situation but you should have received a invoice or packing slip. If you are close to a Chanel store I would go in person. Good Luck.

I think I'm going to have to chase up for the tag and receipt first...I'm still unsure on the dent.. Might try local Chanel see if they can change it for me?

Btw, the authenticity card starts with 12xxxxxx which according to one of the thread means that it was made in 2008-2009... Perhaps this was used as a floor stock for a while? I did ask for brand new....

Sorry I know I'm fussy but I just want it to be perfect!
That is the reason Chanel stops phone orders and may be cut off the entire line of classics to department stores.

Their purpose is targeted to wealthy consumers, who do not panic when seeing crack or uneven lined on their high end pieces :smile:

That is the reason Chanel stops phone orders and may be cut off the entire line of classics to department stores.

Their purpose is targeted to wealthy consumers, who do not panic when seeing crack or uneven lined on their high end pieces :smile:

I didn't understand the policy before but I can see where they're coming from now.!

i think it's normal...after you use it for a while the dent will probably smooth out. just want to point it out that reissue is different from classic flap at the bottom. the classics are rigid but the reissues are flimsy...i use a cardboard at the bottom. my reissue looks fine except the bottom.