Help please....fellow tpfers, how you do translate "sounds" into English?

e_pinpin

Miss Penne' Cotta
O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
Hi there my beloved tpfers...:heart:

I'm currently working on translating children's books into English...

I have come across so many sounds and sounds of expressions that I had a very hard time translating

I know there are common words used for certain sounds in (American) English For example, Boom, Wham!!, cock-a-doodle-doo, knock knock!! etc..

but people say these things differently in other languages.....

I'd really like to know if there are websites or books or anyone that can help me out with this

Yesterday I had to translate the sound of a little kid "passing gas" in class... I still couldn't find out how that sound writes out in english!!!:wtf:

I'm desperately need help!!!!:yes:

TIA:heart:

I do know there are articles and maybe books on the subject. I don't know any specific ones, though, maybe you can try Googling

I did a lot of googling I just wanna make sure that I get the universally known sound from you folks here since I'm not really a native speaker ...thx again :smile:

also how do you spell "eating" sounds?

- sound of a mouse chewing a cracker?

- sound of a squirrel nibbling on a walnut????

anyone!?????!!!? TIA :heart:

I don't know, and English is my speciality. :shame:
But I'm sitting here making nibbling sounds and farting sounds and trying to work out how to spell them!!!!! :roflmfao:

My cat is looking at me like :confused1: !

I don't know, and English is my speciality. :shame:
But I'm sitting here making nibbling sounds and farting sounds and trying to work out how to spell them!!!!! :roflmfao:

My cat is looking at me like :confused1: !

OMG i laughed so hard there! and my poor lip cracked no worries i have chap stick.. you made my day lol

Haha~~ actually it's a lot of fun but I sat for a big big while trying to come up with something (before I asked you lovely folks here for help, of course)

I was thinking "nib nib" but I think nibble nibble sounds cuter!!

nib nib reminds me of nip nip (nipples!! gosh!!! sounds a bit nasty, doesn't it???!!???:Push:smile:

thanks so much all of you sweeties!!!! :heart::smile::heart: