Help please! Every day bag for busy mom with little kids????

I think the Lindy is perfect for what you describe--shoulder strap, zip closure which you can leave open when you need easy access, has feet to sit on floor, more casual than Kelly and somewhat less expensive, holds a lot...

Everyone has such great suggestions. DD is two and if I'm by myself I generally still do what you do, I just put my vertical Azap, cell phone, and car keys into her diaper bag.

I have the Trim II 35 as someone has mentioned already. If you carry a lot, it may be difficult to get into and out of. Also, the sides are suede so if a juice box explodes in there, it ain't going to be pretty. The Massai is even more difficult to get into and out of as the opening is tighter than on the Trim.

I adore the GPT, but with two children, can't imagine anything without a shoulder strap.

Another bag to consider is the Caravane Horizontal. It has pockets on the outside, has a zip center I believe, and also has a detachable shoulder strap. It's a bit more masculine looking, but highly functional. Here's a pic; it comes in multiple sizes.

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=79329&d=1160281828

There is also the new Victoria; it looks like a Plume on steroids but with handles long enough to go over the shoulder (the Plume's handles are not designed to go over the shoulder due to the wide profile). It's a bit bulky looking but it will hold a lot, will go over the shoulder and has a zip.

Here's a pic of the original Victoria; it does not have a zip, but is deep enough that it would be difficult for a pick pocket to dip into easily. see post #17 at: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-s...ctoria-polochon-herbag-pics-only-99965-2.html

Otherwise, I agree with Rose about the Kelly--especially if you get one in a 35cm Retourne in a hearty leather like Togo or Fjord (may be a wee bit heavy in Fjord). It will hold quite a bit. And to deter spillage, perhaps use a bag insert like the Chameleon. HTH!

ETA: I do think if you want something prettier that the Lindy in a 34cm is highly practical and just use the x-large Chameleon insert in it; it's a fabulous mommy bag and will hold a lot. I love mine, but I generally do not like having DD's items (that have liquid) in my bags for practical reasons.

Just doing my research :smile: what would be a good everyday mommy bag? Evelynne, Lindy, Jypsiere? Im open to suggestions! I'm planning to establish a relationship with a local SA and just thinking of what items I could purchase instead of just scarves or bracelets because as a young mom of two (two under two to be exact!) scarves and bracelets won't last five minutes on me, it'll probably get snagged, puked on, etc. :biggrin: thanks everyone!

Go with Longchamp for a few years and then get your Hermes. You have your hands full and don't need to add worry about a bag to keeping track of two very young children at the same time. Unto everything there is a season....

If I didn't already have an Evelyne, I would have gotten a Jypsiere 28cm as my hands free "mommy" bag. It has more structure than the Evelyne, so I don't feel like my stuff is all getting jumbled around, nor does it show bulges from the contents like the Evelyne does. I also like the style of the Double Sens (I have a Coach tote that is similar in size and shape) as a diaper/mommy bag...easy access, light, holds a ton. Just use a Chameleon purse insert, or other structured purse insert, and it'll stand up and hold its shape nicely.

Love the Evelyne as a practical, worry free H bag. I wear mine cross body or double up the strap to wear on the shoulder. It's a great mummy bag and mine has withstood lots of kid-related hardships.

im in the same dilema.also need a new mommy bag from H.
i´m eyeing lindy for quite some time already,really need to know if it´s practical for running around with babies.I know that being hands free when you are with kids is very important.but i just can´t get my eyes off lindy lately.such a beautiful bag.
if not lindy,i would probably consider Jypsiere.To be honest,i didn´t like the style at beginning.but now i think i´m starting to think it might be a good choice.the crossbody way really adds more points to it than lindy.oh well,one should never say never with H,right?you won´t know what you are gonna fall in with.
Do let us know what you finally decide to go with,please.