Help please - does anyone recognize this Italian leather brand emblem?

MiaT

O.G.
Jun 12, 2008
Many years ago, I purchased a leather photo album, made in Italy, silk interior, plus plastic insert sheets. Small, holds 72 4x6 inch photos. I'd so want to get another just like it. Alas the speciality store I purchased it from closed many years ago. The emblem on the clasp if NOT of the store I purchased it from.

Please if any Italians recognize this emblem and know the name, perhaps I can contact the company to try to obtain another. Thank you!

IMG_6559.jpegIMG_6560.jpeg

Hi, I don't know the logo but I'll try to help. To me, the logo looks like a GD. I did a google search and all that came up was Gucci logos but I don't think it's Gucci. Could you possibly look for more labels inside the photo album? Or is there nothing else besides the closure logo?

Thank you Ellie!

Alas, no labels - it was a custom order for a photo album store and the logo on the metal snap had nothing to do with the photo frame store, I had hoped it would be brand specific to a leather maker or photo album maker in Italy. There are no other markings on the inside other than "Made in Italy for PICTURE ME"

Attachments

• IMG_6563.jpeg
    IMG_6563.jpeg
    538.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6561.jpeg
    IMG_6561.jpeg
    471.9 KB · Views: 11
You’re welcome :smile: I see, that’s too bad. That seems like a great photo album and maybe another TPFer will know the leather company or hardware company with that logo... but I hope it’s alright to assume that since the photo album is from a while ago, it might not even be available anymore. I think there are a lot of other great leather companies out there that produce photo albums, maybe one of those would also work and be a suitable alternative to yours.

Last edited:
Oh thank you Ellie! I tried searching and could find rustic versions but nothing close to this. Who knew it would be so hard to track down?

:heart:
Yeah, it’s a very nice design and I don’t think anything is exactly the same. I’ll try to find some things and post them here tomorrow! Good night!

You are so gracious - thank you!

I've been searching for years and thought perhaps the Purse Forum members may have seen something or know of something and posted this. Thank you again.

Reactions: Ellie243
Okay, so I tried to find some photo albums but there aren't any that are exactly the same :hrmm::sad:. I looked at custom photo albums and found this: http://www.blueskypapers.com/clear-pocket-leather-photo-album.html. It looks kind of similar but sorry I couldn't find anything else. Their website has a lot of options with 4x6 photo albums, so I hope you can find something on there or somewhere else :smile: I also want to add that I forgot to ask for your price range, so if that one costs too much then I can find some other photo albums :smile: (I hope that didn't offend you).

Okay, so I tried to find some photo albums but there aren't any that are exactly the same :hrmm::sad:. I looked at custom photo albums and found this: http://www.blueskypapers.com/clear-pocket-leather-photo-album.html. It looks kind of similar but sorry I couldn't find anything else. Their website has a lot of options with 4x6 photo albums, so I hope you can find something on there or somewhere else :smile: I also want to add that I forgot to ask for your price range, so if that one costs too much then I can find some other photo albums :smile: (I hope that didn't offend you).
Ack, got lost in the shuffle. Sorry for the delay. Thank you for the link Ellie!

I wasn't thinking about price really, more along the lines of if I can find something as close that what I had, then it would be money well spent.

(I pretend to do "Hermès math" in that sense too,,,,)

Haha, you're welcome! The album I found isn't as similar. The other ones I found looked like the one in the link too. Anyway, sorry for the short notice, but I'm deleting my account. It was a pleasure talking to you and everyone else on here but I just spend a LOT of time on here, lol. So I'll limit myself, but you might see me in the purseblog comments. Goodbye, and also I hope you find a photo album! :oh::wave: