Help please - could I carry a 30cm Birkin?

PennyD2911

O.G.
Oct 14, 2006
I know the subject of 30 vs 35 Birkins has been discussed in most every way possible, BUT I really need the expert advice and opinions of my tPF sisters:love:

My SA is holding a 30cm gold togo Birkin for me while I try to decide if I could carry a 30 w/o looking ridiculous.

As any of you know who have seen one of my very very few action pics (I am very camera shy:shame::shame:smile: I am NOT a size 2 Rocker or shopmom:nogood:
I am 5'5" and as we say in the South "big boned":upsidedown:. I will not disclose my weight for reasons every woman should understand, so I hope what I have said will be enough info for you to give opinions and advice on the subject.
Thanks for indulging one more of the size comparison threads:flowers:.

Penny, I think a 30cm is wonderful to have. While a 35cm looks better on me personally, it sure can get heavy and bulky at times for those days when I'm out walking around in the city for prolonged periods of time. The 30cm is the perfect solution in terms of its function; it holds quite a bit and is compact enough to tote around on a daily basis. I think you can definitely pull it off, but you just have to feel comfortable with it. It took me a bit to get used to the 30cm because it seemed so small relative to the 35s I'm used to carrying, but I think having at least one is a great alternative to the 35s you have if not for form, then definitely for function. Personally, I think you'd look great with it.

ITA with Orchids but in the reverse as 30 is my size of choice I added a 35 for the function (and man is that thing heavy) but I love it.

I remeber us all debating this pic of Melania ***** when Lime posted it in the "stars" thread as some were surprised that someone so tall would carry a 30.

Just think of it more as a purse and less as a tote; I don't think you're too big for one Penny. I really don't :smile:

MELAnia.jpg

Pic credit - Lime "stars" thread

Penny, I think a 30cm is wonderful to have. While a 35cm looks better on me personally, it sure can get heavy and bulky at times for those days when I'm out walking around in the city for prolonged periods of time. The 30cm is the perfect solution in terms of its function; it holds quite a bit and is compact enough to tote around on a daily basis. I think you can definitely pull it off, but you just have to feel comfortable with it. It took me a bit to get used to the 30cm because it seemed so small relative to the 35s I'm used to carrying, but I think having at least one is a great alternative to the 35s you have if not for form, then definitely for function. Personally, I think you'd look great with it.

Yes, I am sure the 35 would look better ons me, but I have wanted a 30. I am contemplating in the gold because I would use the gold more with dressier outifts than the nice jeans and sweater/shirt outfit that I carry the 35s with.
My 32 Kellys seem to look ok on me IMO, as does my 31 Bolide, but they both are worn with the strap. Would it make a difference that the 30 Birkin is not worn w/ a strap?

PENNY........I think you could do a 30cm, you just need to feel comfortable with it. KWIM? I love the 30's.....it's more like a handbag than a tote and yet carries SO much!

I just got myself a 30 cm and now I want them all to be 30 :smile:. Depending of course what you are carrying a 30 holds more than enough for... and I find you can use a 30cm for the evening as well as I feel a 35 is too big for that.