Help Please: Cinnamon Stick or Dirty Martini?

Classic Q Percy in Cinnamon Stick or Dirty Martini?

• Cinnamon Stick

• Dirty Martini

Results are only viewable after voting.

chateleine

slippery slide
O.G.
Apr 5, 2008
Hi all, sorry to be asking about two "old" colours, but i'm in a bit of a fix.

I have to decide between a Cinnamon Stick and a Dirty Martini Percy. The problem is I have never seen DM in person (and it looks different in all the photos I've seen!), and while I was hoping to compare the two irl before deciding, I can't as I'll have to return the CS (if I want to) before DM arrives.

I typically wear dark denim, white, black, greys, and earthy purples and greens. Any opinions would be so appreciated! TIA!

I have seen both IRL. DM is one of those that looks different depending on the lighting, but in natural light the olive really shows up. Cinnamon Stick is nice, some people think a little orange, but in something small like a Percy I think it would be great (it's on my wish list:smile: ) I really like both, but I think CS is a nicer color and more versatile.

I prefer Cinammon Stick, I think it would go better with the clothes colours you wear. I also feel it's more versatile as well. I had a Baby Aidan in Dirty Martini once and whilst I did love it, I found it was a bit khaki in certain lights and that didn't go very well with what I wear. Let us know what you decide in the end!

Thanks for all the advice! Just an update, I decided to keep the Cinnamon Stick in the end as it really is a versatile colour that goes with my wardrobe. :smile: Dirty Martini hasn't arrived yet so I've yet to decide if I'll keep it (I really shouldn't!), but I have to say I'm quite won over by the Classic Q Percy so far - it's such a great little crossbody, comfortable, handy and stylish, and though it's small, it still feels luxe because of the solid hardware and thick leather. Love! :smile:

Kind of off topic, but was wondering what wallet do you use with your percy?
Hi, well what fun are forums if they stay on topic all the time right? ;)

I use either a medium Prada wallet (3.25" x 4.5") or this long Proenza one (4" x 7.5") which actually just fits in the Percy!
8576245905_5fa4524e48.jpg

The Percy actually fits a surprising amount, I can carry my Kindle, long wallet, lip balm, wet wipes and my (enormous) Samsung Note phone. :smile:

Thanks so much for the response! I ended up ordering the classic Q slim in white Birch which is around the same measurements as your proenza, so hopefully it will work (although I am eyeing a MJ quilted clutch wallet on ebay). I'm just throwing it all in my diaper bag, so I really don't need to keep much in the percy. Love the proenza btw!

Glad to help Nlm74! The classic q slim is a nice choice, hope it works out for you. Enjoy your new wallet(s) and of course your little one! :smile:
I got the slim AND bought the quilted zip clutch on ebay. We'll see which one works. I'm not big on matchy match so not sure if I'll dig the gold label MBMJ on both the percy and the slim. And I think the slim is white when I really wanted ivory, so we shall see. The quilted Zip is used but ivory and not so matchy matchy, and cheaper! Will post pics when I get. I've been going a little MJ crazy lately....oy.

Definitely dirty martini! i have owned a lil ukita drity martini for 2 years and still love it to bits. it really really fits ALL my outfits. cinnamon stick has too much brown undertones (hell yea it is brown!) so i feel that it doesnt really fit "black" outfits well. dirty martini is amazing.. it is kind of taupe khaki so it goes with both the blacks and browns in my wardrobe.