No price tag. Is this normal?

I actually bought a jumbo caviar yesterday from a boutique and it had the price tags attached. That's why i was curious what their standard practice is.

Im returning it because I saw another bag at a different boutique and it had a completely different finish. The one that my husband bought me looks more antique vintage looking where the black rubbed off and looks 'worn' on the clasp (ie. the finish isnt uniform) and another one i saw is jet black matte and uniform.

SA tried to tell me all bags are slightly different in their finish but its just too different. I dont want to pay 5k for a bag thats not perfect.

Sometimes they tags are on, sometimes they are off; if they thought it was a gift, they might have taken them off. There really is no rhyme or reason about Chanel taking tags off; same for NM. Some cut them off, some don't. Some were not yet attached yet (as in a brand new bag, they come without tags attached). Some take the tags, some leave them. It's Chanel. They do what they want.

Just wondering whether this is standard practice at chanel. My husband bought me a jumbo with black hardware and i didnt realise it until i wanted to return it that it didnt have a price tag. I called the SA - shes in a different state - and she said she cut off the tag whilst she was wrapping the bag. Never asked my husband whether she could cut the price tag. Can i return without the price tag? I've never used the bag.

If she stated that she cut the tag off whilst she was wrapping the bag, then she knows that the tag is gone, so you should have no trouble returning the bag to her. :smile:

I was told by m Chanel boutique in London that it is always standard procedure to cut off the tags and are not allowed to sell any items and give th black plastic Chanel tags with any items, not sure why this. ?

I was told by m Chanel boutique in London that it is always standard procedure to cut off the tags and are not allowed to sell any items and give th black plastic Chanel tags with any items, not sure why this. ?

They cut off and keep the tags in Paris, too. It's just how Chanel does things. :smile:

Hi Fellow TPFers,

I have a big dilemma. I recently purchased a taupe m/l from BG. It's the one with brushed gold...I did a reveal a few weeks back. Anyway, the bag came without a tag and was also missing the felt that goes in the front of the bag to protect it (not the dust bag). I talked to the SA and they cannot find the tag. Would this bother you? I'm really bothered by it and I am thinking of returning the purse. How can BG sell a bag without a tag?

I'd really appreciate your thoughts. Am I exaggerating? Is this normal?

Thanks!!!

Hi Fellow TPFers,

I have a big dilemma. I recently purchased a taupe m/l from BG. It's the one with brushed gold...I did a reveal a few weeks back. Anyway, the bag came without a tag and was also missing the felt that goes in the front of the bag to protect it (not the dust bag). I talked to the SA and they cannot find the tag. Would this bother you? I'm really bothered by it and I am thinking of returning the purse. How can BG sell a bag without a tag?

I'd really appreciate your thoughts. Am I exaggerating? Is this normal?

Thanks!!!
LoveEmAll, you don't like the bag anymore?

Are you talking about the price tag? Why does it bother you that it wasn't included, worried it's been used? I purchased my lamb taupe from BG so def know they sold them there.

I wouldn't be worried at all that the price tag wasn't included. I know in the US, they include tags but in the UK, nothing ever comes with tags.

LoveEmAll, you don't like the bag anymore?

Are you talking about the price tag? Why does it bother you that it wasn't included, worried it's been used? I purchased my lamb taupe from BG so def know they sold them there.

I wouldn't be worried at all that the price tag wasn't included. I know in the US, they include tags but in the UK, nothing ever comes with tags.

Yep...I'm talking about the price tag. I love the bag. The color is gorgeous (even though I was expecting it to be more grayish). I am worried that it may have been used. The tag wasn't with the bag and the packaging was off. The SA (who is a sweetheart) said that BG has a packing dept and when she handed the bag, she gave them the tag. Now I am being overly paranoid about what could have happened in the packing dept. Maybe I'm just being too picky and a bit nuts....just need a sanity check :smile: