No price tag. Is this normal?

Now that I think about it. All my Chanels come with tag except Hawaii and Vegas. I get Chanel from all over the U.S. through charge sends when my SA cannot find what I need at my local Chanel boutique. I wonder if it has to do with being in an area of high tourists when reselling or return/exchange may pose problem for Chanel.

Hi everybody! I am new to Chanel and recently bought my first, a black jumbo classic caviar ghw at a Chanel boutique. Yay! I snatched it right away when I saw it in Vegas since it's pretty much not in stock where i live and the waitlist doesnt get shorter. This is a brand new bag from the stock room with the chain still wrapped in paper. I didn't remember if there is a price tag attached. I am sure there was one on the display bag. I didn't realize there is no price tag until after I came home and open the nicely wrapped package. Is this normal? Should I ask for one? I got the receipt with the authenticity code printed on it and the card too. I am wondering if I can't return without the tag and how much do I need it to resell my bag in the future. I usually keep all the paperwork for my designer bag and it comes in handy. Not that I am going to return it but I like to know. I don't want to feel like it was done on purpose so I couldn't return it. It's expensive after all I don't want to feel jibbed.

Thanks for reading.

I think the most important thing is you've got the authenticity card and the code printed in your bag. Of course, you got to keep the receipts which comes in handy if you want to sell your bag later. I bought my jumbo without the price tag too.

the chanel store told me that they need the pricetag for administration reasons because i ask if i can have it..and for that reason they won't give it..so its normal! dont worry! :smile:

Chanel boutique cut the pricetag and stapled to the store receipt as a proof of sale. I guess they keep inventory that way to prevent inside stealing. Plus I don't think they will give you a price tag even you ask after the purchase.

Just wondering whether this is standard practice at chanel. My husband bought me a jumbo with black hardware and i didnt realise it until i wanted to return it that it didnt have a price tag. I called the SA - shes in a different state - and she said she cut off the tag whilst she was wrapping the bag. Never asked my husband whether she could cut the price tag. Can i return without the price tag? I've never used the bag.

When I bought mine (the exact bag as yours) my SA cut the tag off in front of me but she put it in the back pocket. All my other Chanel bags which I bought from dept stores (NM, Saks, BG) came with their tags attached. It was my first experience buying from the boutique so I don't know if this is standard practice.

My so black bag still had the tags on when I received the bag. Bags from NM, Saks, and BG its 50/50 as to whether the tags are still on the bag or not.
I hope you don't mind me asking, but why are you returning the bag?