Help please - bag came without tag

Aug 9, 2006
Just wondering whether this is standard practice at chanel. My husband bought me a jumbo with black hardware and i didnt realise it until i wanted to return it that it didnt have a price tag. I called the SA - shes in a different state - and she said she cut off the tag whilst she was wrapping the bag. Never asked my husband whether she could cut the price tag. Can i return without the price tag? I've never used the bag.

poohbag

O.G.
May 6, 2008
When I bought mine (the exact bag as yours) my SA cut the tag off in front of me but she put it in the back pocket. All my other Chanel bags which I bought from dept stores (NM, Saks, BG) came with their tags attached. It was my first experience buying from the boutique so I don't know if this is standard practice.

impulsive

Apr 3, 2013
My so black bag still had the tags on when I received the bag. Bags from NM, Saks, and BG its 50/50 as to whether the tags are still on the bag or not.
I hope you don't mind me asking, but why are you returning the bag?

Aug 9, 2006
I actually bought a jumbo caviar yesterday from a boutique and it had the price tags attached. That's why i was curious what their standard practice is.

Im returning it because I saw another bag at a different boutique and it had a completely different finish. The one that my husband bought me looks more antique vintage looking where the black rubbed off and looks 'worn' on the clasp (ie. the finish isnt uniform) and another one i saw is jet black matte and uniform.

SA tried to tell me all bags are slightly different in their finish but its just too different. I dont want to pay 5k for a bag thats not perfect.

tutushopper

❤️ Lambskin Lover ❤️
Apr 13, 2012
Sometimes they tags are on, sometimes they are off; if they thought it was a gift, they might have taken them off. There really is no rhyme or reason about Chanel taking tags off; same for NM. Some cut them off, some don't. Some were not yet attached yet (as in a brand new bag, they come without tags attached). Some take the tags, some leave them. It's Chanel. They do what they want.

tutushopper

❤️ Lambskin Lover ❤️
Apr 13, 2012
Just wondering whether this is standard practice at chanel. My husband bought me a jumbo with black hardware and i didnt realise it until i wanted to return it that it didnt have a price tag. I called the SA - shes in a different state - and she said she cut off the tag whilst she was wrapping the bag. Never asked my husband whether she could cut the price tag. Can i return without the price tag? I've never used the bag.
If she stated that she cut the tag off whilst she was wrapping the bag, then she knows that the tag is gone, so you should have no trouble returning the bag to her. :smile:

Jacsxcc

Feb 7, 2012
I was told by m Chanel boutique in London that it is always standard procedure to cut off the tags and are not allowed to sell any items and give th black plastic Chanel tags with any items, not sure why this. ?

tutushopper

❤️ Lambskin Lover ❤️
Apr 13, 2012
I was told by m Chanel boutique in London that it is always standard procedure to cut off the tags and are not allowed to sell any items and give th black plastic Chanel tags with any items, not sure why this. ?
They cut off and keep the tags in Paris, too. It's just how Chanel does things. :smile: