HELP! Planning first purchase

lovelouis

Jun 21, 2006
I'm planning my first Chanel purchase this fall and I'd like opinions on bag color and style. I dont think I'd use it as an everyday bag and I think due to cost I'm looking at the smaller bags. I've read other threads about first purchases and everyone says get black. I just don't know if I should consider another color. Also gold vs silver hardware...I worry about e gold losing color /flaking over time. Thanks!

lovelouis said:
I'm planning my first Chanel purchase this fall and I'd like opinions on bag color and style. I dont think I'd use it as an everyday bag and I think due to cost I'm looking at the smaller bags. I've read other threads about first purchases and everyone says get black. I just don't know if I should consider another color. Also gold vs silver hardware...I worry about e gold losing color /flaking over time. Thanks!

I think u have give out the first purchase to the classics. Their Classics always raise prices each year. It is always worth to purchase them early than late. So go for medium or jumbo flats or 2.55...you won't regret.
PS,if you don't want buy black with gold or black with silver, always go for beige with gold or silver. For the skin choices, at first purchase don't buy lamb skin, you don't really want to deal with all the scars..

People always say go for the black because it's the classic color of chanel and if you only want to get 1 bag, then black is the safest color to go and easiest to match. Otherwise I would suggest to go with the fun/pop color like red or whichever that suits your lifestyle and makes your heart sings.

I say it's good to start with black unless your favorite color is available and it's the PERFECT color. As far as gold or silver?...there is a lot to consider: classic is gold hardware, casual is silver, the statement is made with gold, the subtleness is in silver, also is your skin tone suited for silver or gold? Also if your personality might match your hardware choice too. And most importantly caviar leather is something you don't have to worry about, but lambskin is delicate and beautiful. Sorry I confused you, but really think about all of your choices for a $5000 bag.