Help! PF Time Zone Please?

LuvNLux

Jan 1, 2019
I am new to Purse Forum. I would like to know which time zone is used on all the forum posts? Especially the “What are you stalking now?” one. I've checked everywhere I can think of, but I still can't find an answer. I've seen Eastern Time mentioned & I've seen Pacific Time mentioned in some old posts. So, does anyone have an answer for me? Thanks.

So I posted that at 7:45Pm west coast time. USA time zone. Right now it says posted “A moment ago”. Eventually it will change to a specific time. You can see what yours says and compare it to what I’m stating as the posted time of 7:45pm west coast so that would be 10:45pm east coast.

LemonDrop, thank you for your reply. With your help, I think I found my answer. I believe that the time posted on each post corresponds to each viewer's individual time zone. Hope that makes sense.

LemonDrop, thank you for your reply. With your help, I think I found my answer. I believe that the time posted on each post corresponds to each viewer's individual time zone. Hope that makes sense.

Exactly. Your browser and the code the websites you visit, use the time set to that specific device. So if you're in EST (Eastern Time Zone) and someone posts at 3am in PST (Pacific Time Zone), when you see that post, it will say 6am. The only snag to that is that some forums use a default offset from Greenwich Mean Time that might be different from the offset of your specific time zone. SO, GMT "starts" pretty much in London and the UK and any location that falls north and south of that zone. EST has a -5 hour offset. If you're in EST and the forum you're viewing has a default offset of -6 hours, whatever you post will display a time an hour earlier from your actual EST time. 99% of the time, that's not an issue, but I've noticed it a few times and I had to go into the setting for my profile and change it.

Exactly. Your browser and the code the websites you visit, use the time set to that specific device. So if you're in EST (Eastern Time Zone) and someone posts at 3am in PST (Pacific Time Zone), when you see that post, it will say 6am. The only snag to that is that some forums use a default offset from Greenwich Mean Time that might be different from the offset of your specific time zone. SO, GMT "starts" pretty much in London and the UK and any location that falls north and south of that zone. EST has a -5 hour offset. If you're in EST and the forum you're viewing has a default offset of -6 hours, whatever you post will display a time an hour earlier from your actual EST time. 99% of the time, that's not an issue, but I've noticed it a few times and I had to go into the setting for my profile and change it.

Thank you for that detailed explanation! I suspected as much, but could not find any mention of this anywhere that I looked!