HELP!! Pen mark on my beautiful Kate spade !

fabchick1987

Oct 4, 2010
I work from my car and was in a hurry. Did not see I had sat my notes and pen right against my purse. Looked over and saw this! Anyone know how to get out. Rubbing alcohol not fingernail polish remover will work. I have a feeling it will remove the color as you can see if left corner My hubby got this for Christmas for me last year and I am very upset. Please help!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 1,866
Ink is the devil. Check the coach rehab thread. I think it was Angelus dry cleaner or something like that some one had success with. Another person has used leather dye remover and it worked for her. But before you try anything liquid I'd try magic eraser and use the edge of that eraser very carefully on the ink. Try not to get it anywhere else because it might remove the leather color. Good luck.

Ink is the devil. Check the coach rehab thread. I think it was Angelus dry cleaner or something like that some one had success with. Another person has used leather dye remover and it worked for her. But before you try anything liquid I'd try magic eraser and use the edge of that eraser very carefully on the ink. Try not to get it anywhere else because it might remove the leather color. Good luck.

Dawn dish soap took it out perfectly!

Oh btw, after having read this, my son accidentally marked my leather couch and I tried dawn slightly diluted and used a dish washing sponge to scrub with. And? It worked!! Though I can still see a little faint lines since the leather is pebbled and not smooth on the couch.

Reactions: christinemliu