HELP: Palest of Pale Foundations for Snow White Porcelain Skin

OP the graftobian is pretty good, if you like cream foundations. I prefer to use cream foundations with a damp sponge to get the like Charbal said "airbrushed" look, as I have dry skin and cream+brushes leave my face a flaky mess. So keep that in mind if you aren't happy with a finish just try different applying techniques.

Have you decided on a new foundation yet?

Yes, Mehron/Graftobian need to be used with a moisturizing primer, not a mattifying one. I use Jack Black Moisturizer w/SPF 20 under the Mehron and it always looks great! I have dry skin too, so I always slather it with Cetafil at night so it doesn't dry out. But you're right, you really can't use it if you have dry patches

Hi Dolls! :heart:

As I am sure you can probably guess by the title of my thread, I desperately need help in finding the perfect foundatin for my literally, snow white, complexion. And, I am not kidding when I say snow white, LOL. My skin tone is literally that with pink undertones and nothing ever seems to match. [Preferably in a tinted moisturizer or liquid foundation because I have super sensitive and dry skin.]

Brands I have tried (that are still all too dark! :pout:):
*Dior
*MAC
*MUFE
*Chanel
*Clinique
*Loreal
*Lancome
*Maybelline
*Bare Escentuals
*Bobbi Brown
*and on, and on, and on....

Brands I am looking into trying:
*TEMPTU (the lightest shade they offer): compliments of SCrazy's awesome recommendation! :hugs:
*Illamasqua Liquid Foundation in White
*Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (there White would have been perfect for me, but I think it was discontinued, is this true? :sad:)

For those of you lovely ladies who are in my same boat, what foundation do you use or have you found that blends in with your skin tone perfectly and you are completely smitten with??

TIA Ladies! :hugs: Totally open-minded to any suggestions/leads you might have! :flowers:

XOXO.

Try FACE Atelier Ultra Foundation! People are probably going to start thinking I work for them with the amount I mention the makeup - I really don't! But back to the foundation...
The lightest colour is pale as it is, but they sell separate bottles of 'Zero plus' and 'Zero minus' to adjust the shades. Plus darkens and minus lightens, for example I use 'plus' when I tan in summer to save buying a whole new foundation. There's also 'heat' to add warmth.
Its a little pricier in the UK than brands like Chanel, Dior, etc, but I personally really love it and think its worth it. I think its a little cheaper in the US and Canada too. :smile:

Outside of stage makeup, I got nothing... :shrugs:

Ok, j/k... I think a petition should be started to increase the range of shades available. I'm African American and have friends who are darker skinned who have the same problem of finding a suitable... finding a shade that's not too light or too orangy

Oh Mon Dieu, I am a neon white sister goddess to the OP and everyone else here!

Very pale with ruddy/pink cheeks so anything too yellow or orange just clashes horribly. Or anything too beige either. Yuck. Makes me look sick.

Given my ruddy complexion, I prefer a fuller coverage (liquid) foundation. And I've found that in Estee Lauder DoubleWear in Shell. EL has always been way too yellow for me in foundations, blushes and e/s so I've always steered clear, however this shade works wonderfully with my pale, pink skin plus tones down the ruddiness.

I use Chanel Le Blanc Primer underneath and it's also wonderful...well worth it.

Drugstore? Covergirl TruBlend in shade 1 ain't half bad although does not have quite the staying power as EL does IMO - it's got a nice pump dispenser though and works beautifully over the Chanel primer however.

Hope this helps!

XXXOO PG

I'm another pale princess (I can probably out pale you! :P) and I use YSL Teint Resist in #3. There is no #1 for some reason and #2 was yellow toned but 3 is pink toned and works for me. My skin is also oily and it controls the oil pretty well, I don't know how it'd be on dry skin though. You can also look into Dainty Doll make up which ASOS sells but they're between collections right now so it hasn't re-launched yet. But it's made for super pale girls, I use the concealer and it's great :smile:

Oh my gosh!!! you mean Dainty Doll is coming back?!

I had heard about it a month ago and wanted to try it really BADLY but it was nowhere to be found. I was thinking... I finally found the HG and they discontinue it. lol.

If you have any more info on it, I'd really appreciate it

I'm African American and have friends who are darker skinned who have the same problem of finding a suitable... finding a shade that's not too light or too orangy

You know, I've often wondered about this - I am super pale, and when I shop for foundation I always notice that at each end of the colour scale options can seem so limited. Like, medium skin tones have a lot of choices, different undertones etc., but the lightest and darkest shades often only have one or two choices and also often look too orange or too pink. It is VERY difficult for me to find foundation that isn't too orange or too pink, and I think it's because, although I am very, very fair, my undertones are sort of olive/ashy. For whatever reason this is damn near impossible to find a good foundation match for. With the darker shades I also notice a lot of...colour. A lot of rich colour - caramel, toffee etc., and then I wonder if darker skinned people have that undertone problem, too.

Not all fairskinned people have pink undertones, and not all darkskinned people have orange undertones, damnit!

Oh and for those who are wondering - I DEFINITELY saw Dainty Doll foundations for sale online yesterday - I can go back and find the website if anyone is interested. Can't remember it off the top of my head.

Nicola tweeted something about the eyelashes she's wearing on her new album cover being from the new line to come

I assume youre talking about Girls Aloud Nicola? I don't want to be horrible, but I usually haaaate her makeup. I know she is very vocal (and good for her) about being naturally pale and refusing to use self tanners, bronzers etc., but her makeup often looks very masklike to me. I have caught myself actually cringeing a few times. Is she really that pale, or is it her foundation? And if she really is that pale, do I look like that, too? Because I don't like that look.

I think skin that light is very hard to work with. Her brows can look too heavy/too coloured when I suspect they would look fine on someone a little darker skinned. I dunno, as I said, I admire her refusal to bow to bronzer madness, but I personally don't want to LOOK that pale. She looks ghostly, to me.

Oh I feel bad now. She is a nice girl. Ugh.

If you have porcelain skin and are looking for something to even out your skin tone rather than to provide coverage, you could just use bare escentuals mineral veil. It doesn't add any color, just evens out your skin, I usually use it as my foundation

I assume youre talking about Girls Aloud Nicola? I don't want to be horrible, but I usually haaaate her makeup. I know she is very vocal (and good for her) about being naturally pale and refusing to use self tanners, bronzers etc., but her makeup often looks very masklike to me. I have caught myself actually cringeing a few times. Is she really that pale, or is it her foundation? And if she really is that pale, do I look like that, too? Because I don't like that look.

I think skin that light is very hard to work with. Her brows can look too heavy/too coloured when I suspect they would look fine on someone a little darker skinned. I dunno, as I said, I admire her refusal to bow to bronzer madness, but I personally don't want to LOOK that pale. She looks ghostly, to me.

Oh I feel bad now. She is a nice girl. Ugh.
Her skin isn't the best, I know she struggles with acne so that's why at times her make up can look a bit cake-y, yes, but that never reflected badly on Dainty Doll for me, I really love Dainty Doll stuff. The colors just all fit me perfectly. I don't use the foundation, I can't speak for that (I'm a one foundation only girl and my love is YSL Teint Resist lol) but the concealers and blushes look really really good on me, I don't think I've ever repurchased any item more than those from Dainty Doll. I like to keep myself really pale as well, I just feel like it suits me better as I have light blonde hair and green eyes. It all depends on the person and the look you want

if it is available in your area, take a look at by terry... she does a very pale foundation
color and it can be mixed in with one of her neutralizers...its a beautiful
product.. it is available at Barney's NY & BH as well as Space NK..