HELP!!! Opinions needed!!!! Popped seem on my Nubuc Brooke

jlbanks

National Champs
Dec 17, 2008
Ok, so I fought through the crowds to see if the purse I had been waiting so long to hit the outlets for was there....... and there on a loan shelf was ONE LEFT, I had to grab it!!!!!! Only problem, there is a popped seam on the back of the purse... WHAT DO I DO?? Can it be fixed... Should I try myself or take it somewhere!! HELP! Do you think Coach will let me send it in and get a new one? I did this with the Lindsay...

DSCN0606.jpg

DSCN0607.jpg

That would drive me crazy but it depends on how much you love it and how great the price was..

You can take it to the FP pt store to see if they will repair it.

Since the bags are retired to the outlet it's unlikely that Coach will have a new one to send you. Maybe they can repair it though.

If it was me, I would just take it back. Seems like more trouble than it's worth. :smile:

Well, since it was purchased this way, they said I can't return it. I got 10% OFF on top because of it. Someone in line told me I could take it to a shoe shop and they could repair it... hmmm I LOVE this bag, got a great price for it. It may be worth looking into seeing if someone else could repair it.

Stitching is generally an easy repair, a good cobbler could do it, or you could try Coach. I did the cobbler route once and they did a crappy job, so next time I'm going with Coach, but you may have someone better.

I think I'll give Coach a call and see what they say. The Lindsay's were at the outlets and when I wanted a Lindsay in a different color, I shipped it to Coach and they sent me the color I wanted... So who knows. I will find out and see I suppose.

I love this bag. With a minor flaw, I would get it fixed. If Coach can't , I would take it to a local leather shop. Good luck ! I am going to check my outlets now to see if they have any =)

Well, since it was purchased this way, they said I can't return it. I got 10% OFF on top because of it. Someone in line told me I could take it to a shoe shop and they could repair it... hmmm I LOVE this bag, got a great price for it. It may be worth looking into seeing if someone else could repair it.

get it repaired yes, but to exchange it out for one that didn't have that defect is kind of dishonest IMO because they gave an extra 10% off all the other normal discounts you got since there was that defect..kwim? trading it out for one that didn't have it but keeping the discount you got for the defect..

I don't think it's dishonest. If they wanted to sell the bag "final sale" they could have. I'd look at it as 10% off to go through the trouble of sending it in. Is it dishonest if she asks them to repair it, and they OFFER a new bag? Should she just be like, "um, no I got 10% off". :angel:

I know a little about sewing and can say that no one can repair that with a machine without it showing and looking much worse.
Your best bet is to try and sew in those missing stitches by hand, using the tiny stitch holes as a guide.
Another alternative is to just poke that thread through and live with the tiny empty space, it will hardly be noticeable even to you.