Chanel loose thread help!!!

Return... the stitching is uneven and I can see how it goes from bottom and slants upwards to right. It would bother me... but if you dont mind it and just cut off the loose piece, then Congrats!! Very pretty bag!!

I just received this bag today and noticed this loose thread that looks like the sewing machine missed it. If you look in the second photo, the stitching on the PVC is quite crooked on the bottom row. That may be why it was missed. I can't fix it, but I could snip it off.

See in the bottom photo, the stitching on the blue PVC is about 1/4 inch above the bottom on the right side, but on the left it drops into the lambskin.

What do you suggest??? Should I send it back?? :confused1:

No, I purchased it from Saks through the authentic finds thread. She said she only has this one. Ugh, if it didn't cost over $5000 with tax, I would just cut it off and deal with the crooked stitching, but for that kind of money, I want to be completely content. :shucks:

It's very agonizing because it is so beautiful and unique. Thanks for the comments and keep them coming.

Send it back. You will always worry about these issues.

I just received this bag today and noticed this loose thread that looks like the sewing machine missed it. If you look in the second photo, the stitching on the PVC is quite crooked on the bottom row. That may be why it was missed. I can't fix it, but I could snip it off.

See in the bottom photo, the stitching on the blue PVC is about 1/4 inch above the bottom on the right side, but on the left it drops into the lambskin.

What do you suggest??? Should I send it back?? :confused1:

Just seeing your post--sorry the bag didn't arrive in perfect condition. I'm going to play devil's advocate and say keep the bag if you love it besides the thread. The bag is not designed to have perfectly neat rows and perfectly tight stitches. I took mine out for a spin (finally) and although i had similar concerns about the loose stitching, it help up perfectly and nothing snagged or became loose. It's a beauty. Sleep on it. If the bag itself isn't for you, then exchange. But I think all bags in this style will have a little chic rock imperfections.

Let me know what you decide!

Agree. Exchange it. $5000 should not miss crooked stitching.

If you do resell it -- it may become an issue. And you don't want this little detail to follow you.

Perhaps you can exchange it at another Saks? That may give you a better chance at locating this gorgeous bag.

Just seeing your post--sorry the bag didn't arrive in perfect condition. I'm going to play devil's advocate and say keep the bag if you love it besides the thread. The bag is not designed to have perfectly neat rows and perfectly tight stitches. I took mine out for a spin (finally) and although i had similar concerns about the loose stitching, it help up perfectly and nothing snagged or became loose. It's a beauty. Sleep on it. If the bag itself isn't for you, then exchange. But I think all bags in this style will have a little chic rock imperfections.

Let me know what you decide!

I agree that it is one of those bags that has slightly imperfect stitching and I've been keeping it in the box in my closet and going to visit it a couple times a day hoping that the next time I look at it, it won't look so crooked. Hhhhhmmmm, yes, I guess I'm mental!!!! :cray:

What worries me is that more of the bottom stitches may slip out because that bottom row is so crooked. It is just so beautiful!!!!!! I'm crying inside!!!

I called my SA yesterday, told her I was going to send it back, and have it all boxed up ready to return . . . I asked her if she had a black lamb or calf boy for an exchange, but no go.

:crybaby:

Send it back. You will always worry about these issues.

Tutu, you have a way of pulling all the important stuff out of the crap. You should be a therapist!

Looking back at my own words like that is very enlightening . . . I have it boxed up and ready to go, I just have to force myself to go to the FedEx store . . .

there's a new one on the authentic finds thread. check it out!

Thanks! i did see that another one was posted for a saks (that's where my SA is from). I am on my way out the door right now, but I think I will see if she can get it, because I'd like her to be able to keep the commission - she is an excellent SA. Then maybe we can just do an exchange. Keep your fingers crossed!!!! :smile: