Help! One of my dogs peed in the bed...twice!

Irishgal

I run with scissors
O.G.
Apr 22, 2006
Hi ladies,
So, both Millie and Mina sleep in the "big bed". Both are 100% housebroken and have never had an accident.
This am I woke up to find not one but two wet areas in the bed and sure enough the smell test revealed they were urine.

How can I determine which one did it? Should I take them both to the vet and check for bladder infections?

Both are acting normal, eating etc.

Thanks

Irishgal

I run with scissors
O.G.
Apr 22, 2006
OK, I may have just figured it out. Mina was put on Timeril-P for a 10 day course and it appears since this is a steroid it may cause the dog to urinate a lot, so maybe it was her.

berta

mom2 12paws
O.G.
Oct 6, 2007
Probably just the meds. I guess you could have a conversation with your vet to make sure. Poor baby, they get upset over these things.

Last month I woke up and my foot was cold, kept thinking i had a ghost until I did the sniff test. So either the ghost peed or it was Travie.

I thought it was odd, poor Travie is only 6. I guess you could call him middle aged for an Aussie?

shushopn

I Feel Pretty!
O.G.
Jan 13, 2006
Definately the meds Irish. I babysat my neighbors Golden Retriever for the whole week last week and he is on steroids for allergies. I had to be very mindful to take him out more often. He did pee a lot more than usual and I've been caring for him for 3 years.

bridurkin

bcc
O.G.
Mar 17, 2008
My dog was on Prednisone (sp?) last month, and the vet warned me that the steroid would probably cause my dog to be super thirsty and have to pee a lot. I guess it is pretty common. Have you noticed Mina drinking more than usual?