Help on swift leather for lagon!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Help! I'm considering a birkin 30 in swift leather, but I've not had any swift items before and don't know how they wear. An SA told me that swift scratches very easily, and the scratches don't fade over time like box. Have also heard horror stories about how the swift just completely floops over after a couple of years! I like floopiness in my bags, but not too much where they end up like complete puddles of leather!

This is in a color (lagon) that has been rested that I've been searching for for quite some time! I would have preferred it in togo, but I've not seen any and I'm not sure if I would even be able to get the color in togo. Have asked a reseller if he could help me source for the bag in togo, but he told me that the color has been discontinued and so it would not be possible for him to source one for me.

Can anyone help me out with this? Should I go ahead with the swift leather?? Is swift a good choice for a 30b??

2. I ve asked that question two weeks ago and there are a few threads on this, though because they are old, photos arent there. If you do a search on swift ageing, or something like that, you ll find more. I think that the consensus is that it does not scratch as much as box, but more than togo and yes, it is floppy. Generally a 30 will be less floppy and if you look after it and keep it flat and puffed up when not in use, it should hold better. But I have no personal experience yet!

My thread was titled How sensitive to wear is Swift? but I cannot paste the link.
    Good luck

3. I have a Lindy and a Karo GM in Lagon Swift. The Lagon color is absolutely gorgeous in Swift! :heart:

I have had very good luck with Swift. I hear a lot of people complain about corner rub, etc, but I have not had any problems yet. I have had worse luck with Box and scratching. I carried the Karo in my bag daily for over a year, and it still looks fine.:shrugs:

Whatever you decide, the Lagon color is fabulous!

4. I also have a Karo GM in Lagon in swift. The colour is very intense on this leather. It has some very minor surface scratches but it looks fine. Swift is very soft and floppy in a Karo because the shape is quite unstructured. A friend has a 30 Birkin in swift and it doesn't look floppy, but I don't know how old it is.

5. I have a 35cm Birkin in Swift. I haven't had any problems at all with scratching or with the corners rubbing, but it is a floppy bag, compared to my Togo. However, I like the softness of it and it feels so substantial. Good luck!

6. Hey babe, I think you should get the Lagon B you are eyeing! Despite all the cons of swift, lagon in swift is such an awesome colour and I'm sure with some care, you will be able to avoid corner wear and scratches. Yes, the bag might be floppier than the same bag in togo but I think it's hard to come by a lagon B nowadays and it'll be way worst if the bag gets sold off and you regret not getting it! Go for it!!!

7. I have lagon swift double sided zippy zip ... ultra soft to the touch and great color!
    Swift will get floppy over time and if you like to stuff your bags, it will eventually 'tug' by the handles and the turnlock. HTH .. this is your HG .. definitely get .. hate regrets :O)