Help on pricing a bag

fergsmama

Apr 1, 2007
Hi Im not sure if this allowed but I'm sure the moderators will remove if not. I am selling my bag collection and i have a 2009 city galet colour that im going to put on ebay. Ive never used the bag it was just kept as part of my collection, so its in new condtion. Any advice on pricing this? Thanks for any advice.

Completed/sold listings on eBay. Have you done these basic research steps?
Thanks jelly for your advice.
ii have done some basic research. I didn't find any 2009 city's that were in brand new condition ( knowing that the colour, the year and other factors affect price)I was looking for a little guidance from people who obviously have a lot of knowledge about these bags.
i

ii have done some basic research. I didn't find any 2009 city's that were in brand new condition ( knowing that the colour, the year and other factors affect price)I was looking for a little guidance from people who obviously have a lot of knowledge about these bags.
i
I'm not sure you'll get a lot of actual numbers from people here, as it's such a personal thing as to what you think your bag is worth. The market is pretty slow so the one thing I can tell you is that it'll probably sell for less than you'd like it to. Sad but true.

i
Way back in the day, a highly desired color would make a difference on the price; alas no more. Sadly, the Japanese resellers have really killed the Balenciaga market and as @muchstuff notes, it's very likely that you won't get a great amount for your bag. While being in 'new' or 'good' condition does mean you can get more, it really depends on how much the buyer wants to pay.

So how do these Japanese resellers get away with selling bags so cheap? I'm just curious. I've definitely noticed that a large percentage of Ebay listings are from Japan. It's definitely a buyer's market these days which is unfortunate if you're selling. :/

So how do these Japanese resellers get away with selling bags so cheap? I'm just curious. I've definitely noticed that a large percentage of Ebay listings are from Japan. It's definitely a buyer's market these days which is unfortunate if you're selling. :/
I'm guessing sheer volume, lower mark up per bag but lots of them. Anyone else have any intel?