help on my trench coat purchase

ChloeSS

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Hi girls...

I am planning to invest on a burberry trench coat.. I have been reading some info regards to diff style

can someone help me to identify those 2 style:
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catal...ategoryID=4370&PageID=4370*1*24*Burberry*-1*5

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catal...ategoryID=4370&PageID=4370*1*24*Burberry*-1*4

And i already owned a burberry blue label trench coat from japan.. and now considering Harbourne or packaway or ivybridge.., pls give me some suggestion...

and this is the pic of the burberry trench coat i have from blue label line.

and also in terms of sizing.. i am wearing europe 38-40.. should i go for UK 8 or 10?

Attachments

• IMG_2533.JPG
    IMG_2533.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 445
1st one is the ivybridge, i believe. that's the longer one, typically ending right past your knee (depending on your height, of course). the 2nd one is the harbourne. this is the shorter, more 'informal' trench. since i'm only 5'0", i ended up getting the harbourne. it ends an inch or two above my knee.

my suggestion? if you are 5'4" or over, get the ivybridge. it's just a more elegant look. i would've loved to have taken the ivybridge but i was just swimming in it (being so short and all.... heels didn't help me at all).

good luck! whatever you choose, i'm sure it'll be awesome.

I would go a size down from what UK size you usually wear with a burberry coat. I just bought a harbourne and it is the nicest coat I have ever seen never mind owned! It is a lovely slim fit and is beautifully well made. It falls a couple of inches above my knee and I am 5 2. I am not sure whether you should get this length or the ivybridge- this one may be a smidgen too short for you at 5 4, but the ivybridge is likely to need shortened :confused1: perhaps order both and send one back after you have tried them.

I think you should go for UK 8. I am a EU 34 IT36-38 and I am a UK 4-6 in Burberry.

The second is the wool trench, I just got the exact same one recently... it is so soft and warm, hits about 2" above knees. I think you already have the trench, it's better to deversify your collection. :yes:

Sweetbossa - I just received that trench from net-a-porter and it is gorgeous. It is a 3/4 sleeve trench but is actually kinda long on me. I haven't decided if I want to alter the length of the sleeve. I feel weird about allowing anyone other than someone at burberry doing the alterations.

ChloeSS - I have the trench color version of the second coat and it is about 34 inches long. I am 5'3 and it hits right above my knees. The cashmere is absolutely wonderful.