Help on Evercolor leather

feifei123

Nov 2, 2015
Hello everyone. I recently purchased a new 2002 from ebay and it arrived like this. I believe the marks are due to the buckle and straps, the seller should wrap it better. But I really like the bag and I want to keep it. I am wondering if there is any way to minimize the marks. It is evercolor leather.
Thank god the marks are on the back side of the bag not the front.
Thanks in advance!
image1.jpeg

That does not look like purely a compression mark to me.
More like something moved across the surface with not enough force to scratch/break the surface
but enough to indent and leave a mark.

Reactions: StaceyLyn
Marks as indicated shouldn’t be from mailing unless it’s been traveling for months for that kind of impression on the leather.
Was this disclosed on the listing?

This is very disappointing for you.
I know you stated that you want to keep the bag.
But if those blemishes can't be removed or reduced would you want to reject it?
I know that I would always be conscious that they are there even if they are on the reverse side.
What is the timescale on this?
If you wanted to reject it, that really needed to be done immediately you received the item.

It's not the kind of blemish that could get hidden by patina over time, nor does it seem to be the kind if blemish that can be smoothed out. Why not ask DocRide for her opinion?

Having two Evercolor leather bags bought from the boutique and with fairly good use, i would say these marks are beyond normal wear and doubt they could be repaired. Best to ask an H craftsman though. If it were me, I would not accept.

Reactions: StaceyLyn
I purchased this same exact bag and had the same issue. It’s from the handle not being stored properly. I took it into a Hermes store and they had the leather guy get it out. It was complimentary. Hope that helps. I know this feeling I was super irritated by that as well but my bag is now dent free!
Hello everyone. I recently purchased a new 2002 from ebay and it arrived like this. I believe the marks are due to the buckle and straps, the seller should wrap it better. But I really like the bag and I want to keep it. I am wondering if there is any way to minimize the marks. It is evercolor leather.
Thank god the marks are on the back side of the bag not the front.
Thanks in advance!
View attachment 4320448

I purchased this same exact bag and had the same issue. It’s from the handle not being stored properly. I took it into a Hermes store and they had the leather guy get it out. It was complimentary. Hope that helps. I know this feeling I was super irritated by that as well but my bag is now dent free!
Hello! This also happend to my newly bought constance to go… i feel so sad and irritated. I have not even used it yet and now it has a dent since it got squish with my handheld portable fan. What can I do to fix this?? Please help. Where did you bring it to have it fixed? Which Hermes shop? Thank you so much in advance!

A7FA1196-B9F9-4977-B8D2-9026DF7E3D97.jpeg

Its actually not super deep but I get so bothered by it since I have not used it yet I just bought it the other day and place it in my traveling bag and travelled to another city and when i got back at my hotel to arrange my things I saw the dent. I felt bad that I took it out from the box.

4C507AD8-C906-48B6-A43F-CB23804C222C.jpeg