Help on Ebay Problem!! Please help!

dreamdoll

ღ la vie est belle★☆
Feb 29, 2008
Hi ladies,

I have a problem.

I recently sold a Kelly handbag to a buyer from Baltimore in the US, the transaction went smoothly and I bubble wrapped the item and sent it out to the buyer with tracking number, and it arrived to destination within a few days.

The seller contacted me today and said that the item was delivered totally intact, and perfectly sealed, with bubble wrap and newspaper but no bag. I did not use newspaper at all, and do not know how to approach this now. My auction included free shipping but not insurance.

If anyone can please help me out. I really appreciate it!!

Thank you!!!

Oh dear.. theft or a dishonest buyer?? Per PP, it is the seller's obligation to deliver the item to the buyer. And be able to prove it, in case of claim. Therefore you should have insured it for your own protection, and depending upon the price, purchased online delivery or signature confirmation.
What was the price AND did you purchase online delivery or sig confirmation?

Thank you for your reply. I'm really lost now. I packed and shipped the item to the buyer, with tracking number through a courier service, which can be tracked online but I'm not aware of signature confirmation. I have never encountered my local courier service not delivering any items.

How should I proceed? Sigh

Did you send a Hermes Kelly bag without buying insurance and no signature confirmation?? Oh my... I don't know what you can do at this point- if the buyer files for INR/SNAD you have no backup to prove that you did send the item and no insurance to recover. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Something is up with that. How did it get opened and resealed with newspaper in it? Did you have to put a description on the parcel? Could someone have known it was an expensive bag?

Have you spoken with the courier service yet?

I don't like the sounds of this...

Jen

Under PP Seller Protection, your obligation as a seller was to obtain online signature confirmation for any transaction over $250. And insure for your own protection in case of loss, damage, theft.
I'd suggest that you call the courier service that you used and see if they had the package signed for when delivered.
If the buyer files an INR and you cannot provide the required proof of delivery, PP will likely side w/ the buyer, sorry.

I am clueless about how it got opened and resealed with newspaper, the buyer has confirmed that the parcel was perfectly sealed and not tampered with. My description was used bag.

I will definitely speak to the courier service in the morning. I am so upset!!

Something is up with that. How did it get opened and resealed with newspaper in it? Did you have to put a description on the parcel? Could someone have known it was an expensive bag?

Have you spoken with the courier service yet?

I don't like the sounds of this...

Jen

Should I respond immediately to the buyer's email? This was what was written, "Thank you for the quick response. That package did arrive. It arrived perfectly sealed, and inside was bubble wrap and newspaper, but no Kelly bag. Please advise."

Or should I reply to the person only after speaking with my courier company?

Thank you!!

Does the package have any indication of weight on the postage stamp?
I'm guessing that a bag would weigh more than newspaper so this could be a way to prove you shipped the bag?
I think at this point you will have to contact the courier company, I would not reply to the person until I have done this.
The problem here is you don't know if the person got the bag and is lying, as they notice that you haven't got insurance/signature for the package and decided to take advantage of this.
Or if theft has occured within the courier service.
What is the buyers feedback like?

"Thank you for the quick response. That package did arrive. It arrived perfectly sealed, and inside was bubble wrap and newspaper, but no Kelly bag. Please advise."

Now if I was the buyer and I bought and paid for a Hermes Kelly and when my package arrived there was no bag but newspaper.... my message would be A LOT more anxious and stressed than that. No?! The buyer sounds very calm to me.
This sounds fishy. I would like to know about the buyers feedback too!

I think the buyer has seen a way to get the bag and the money. She knows that a service with no signature confirmation for a delivery over $250 will not stand up to a Paypal INR claim.

OP I am so sorry, I really am - but this is not a good situation at all :sad:

No it doesn't. I will find out.
The buyer's feedback is 2000+, with 100+ as a buyer. It was 100% positive but there was some hiccup when I looked into the feedback, there were a couple of questionable cases.

Does the package have any indication of weight on the postage stamp?
I'm guessing that a bag would weigh more than newspaper so this could be a way to prove you shipped the bag?
I think at this point you will have to contact the courier company, I would not reply to the person until I have done this.
The problem here is you don't know if the person got the bag and is lying, as they notice that you haven't got insurance/signature for the package and decided to take advantage of this.
Or if theft has occured within the courier service.
What is the buyers feedback like?

What was the courier service? If USPS was involved in the delivery in any way, there is an email other sellers have recommended you can send to "scare" a buyer who is scamming. (I don't know if this buyer is or not.) You tell the buyer to keep all packaging, and that you will be filing a Lost/Rifling report with the USPS, and that they take these reports VERY seriously and will be contacting her for their investigation. Then file the report. IF the buyer noticed the lack of signature and/or insurance and is trying to get something for nothing, this might make her back off. And if it really was rifled with, she will be happy to participate in the investigation.